• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How much are you gonna pay for your 3090 3080 3070.

Associate
I recently bought an EVGA 2080 Super, have registered for their trade up scheme, so hoping to get a 3080 for little to no upgrade fee.

Man of Honour
Should change the title of this thread to "How much are retailers going to charge for the 3090, 3080, 3070".

With the likely shortage of Ampere cards for the next few months it is going to be a sellers market.

Soldato
Should change the title of this thread to "How much are retailers going to charge for the 3090, 3080, 3070".

With the likely shortage of Ampere cards for the next few months it is going to be a sellers market.

Would think consumers will go direct to Nvidia. Can't imagine they would do this sort of gouging once they've set a price.

Soldato
When ever i can get a 3080 for around £650 as that's how much i paid for my 1080Ti.

Not paying any more than that as i refuse to with it only been a 80 card and not a Ti. I can accept they moved the tiers up in price but i'm not paying more than i did for my Ti

Soldato
Would think consumers will go direct to Nvidia. Can't imagine they would do this sort of gouging once they've set a price.
Some people will pay crazy prices to get the exact GPU Brand & model they want..

For example some people would pay a fortune over the 3090 FE RRP for say a EVGA 3090 FTW if that the GPU they got there heart set on

Man of Honour
The difference between 60/75 and 144hz is huge for me even on non fps titles its vastly smoother. But then again if you have no reason to justify an upgrade and get a long just fine then there isn't much reason to spend.

I used to upgrade every time, now though i tend not too unless absolutely neccessary. Likely i may skip this gen. Have always wanted a 4k 144hz monitor so may wait it out for something of that spec to become reasonably priced, could be waiting a while though.

I keep seeing adverts on Youtube for an 8 metre display with excellent picture quality. It's reassuring because it implies that Google hasn't been able to acquire very much information about me. If it had, it wouldn't be trying to advertise items with a "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" price at me :) A quick look implies that they're about £150K. Plus the cost of a house with a room large enough to put it in, of course.

Associate
Even if I had the money, I'd only buy a 3090 if it was priced 30% higher than the RTX 3080. 10% for the extra VRAM and 20% for the increase in performance.

They need a resolution that has twice the pixels of 4K (8k is more than 4 times the pixels of 4K), the 3090 could probably handle that quite well.

i paid less than 300 for my 1070Ti, and i'll only spend upto 300 for a new card - i can wait.

Yep, value for money, any time. If just majority of buyers thought like you do, we wouldn't have to pay more than £700-800 for 3090 (I bet, Nvidia would still make money at this price). However, because many tried to defend Turing's price hike, we have what we have...

Associate
I'm chucking at the auction sites being flooded with the bodies of discarded 20x0 cards, for almost the price of a new 3070. No one in their right mind would pay that!

Associate
I think the highest i would go for a graphics card would be around £700

I'm hoping to pay around the same. Not sure if a 3080Ti will ever be a thing, it's a balance of how long do you wait vs inflation due to demand etc, has to be a cut-off point somewhere. I'd rue pulling the trigger on the 3080 only to find that 6 weeks later the Ti s announced as that would be typical of my luck :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom