• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
People are saying these are announcements but to me they are most likely release dates especially the RDNA 2 one. With Xbox being November 10th, RDNA has to be before that if they want to stay true to previous comments.

At the very most I would expect 14th October for Zen 3 and like November 2nd for RDNA.

Associate
People are saying these are announcements but to me they are most likely release dates especially the RDNA 2 one. With Xbox being November 10th, RDNA has to be before that if they want to stay true to previous comments.

At the very most I would expect 14th October for Zen 3 and like November 2nd for RDNA.
I'd agree and would be quite happy with those dates, I'd be able to order a CPU on the second round, about the end of November, remember when I ordered the 3900X on launch day, gave up waiting after 3 weeks and got a 3700X, 3900X strill didnt come into stock for a further 2 weeks!

Associate

I really do hope so, the thought of waiting until 10th Oct. only for that to be a zen 3 reveal and another month + wait for an actual release.....just no

Caporegime
Basically giving nvidia a month or more to absolutely clean up in the next gen graphics market. Many will just blindly go to nvidia. I feel AMD absolutely must five out some info, even if its just that they're going to match nvidia frame for frame.

Associate
October 8th is the announcement date not the release date according to the tweet.
I can't find anything to say its an annoucement or a release date even reading twitter, guess we'll find out more in the next few hours / day when its clarified.

So far it just says the Journey begins on 10.08.2020 etc....

Associate
Same here. Wallet ready for a lot of things this holiday season. 3080, new phone, Zen 3, new SSD, new Ram, etc etc...

Got money for a full new system build, just waiting on 3080 and Zen 3. Also bought a house and moving in a couple of weeks...but the stamp duty holiday has done us a favour there...

Soldato
Got money for a full new system build, just waiting on 3080 and Zen 3. Also bought a house and moving in a couple of weeks...but the stamp duty holiday has done us a favour there...

Good to see the stamp duty holiday is doing its intended purpose - helping home owners buy high-end PCs :D

Associate
KitGuru might have shed some light on this miscommunication about launch.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...nching-zen-3-cpus-and-rdna-2-gpus-in-october/

"AMD began sending out invites for its two events this evening. In the words of AMD CEO, Lisa Su, it is “time to start a new journey”, which will begin on the 8th of October with the launch of Zen 3 Ryzen desktop processors.

Then on the 28th of October, AMD will be live once again, this time to unveil RDNA 2 properly, a next-generation Radeon graphics architecture for both PC and consoles. This will include the launch of the RX 6000 series of graphics cards.

For Zen 3 announcements, you’ll want to keep an eye out at 5PM (BST) on the 8th of October. For next-gen Radeon news, keep an eye out at 5PM (GMT) on the 28th of October."

Associate
KitGuru might have shed some light on this miscommunication about launch.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...nching-zen-3-cpus-and-rdna-2-gpus-in-october/

"AMD began sending out invites for its two events this evening. In the words of AMD CEO, Lisa Su, it is “time to start a new journey”, which will begin on the 8th of October with the launch of Zen 3 Ryzen desktop processors.

Then on the 28th of October, AMD will be live once again, this time to unveil RDNA 2 properly, a next-generation Radeon graphics architecture for both PC and consoles. This will include the launch of the RX 6000 series of graphics cards.

For Zen 3 announcements, you’ll want to keep an eye out at 5PM (BST) on the 8th of October. For next-gen Radeon news, keep an eye out at 5PM (GMT) on the 28th of October."
Sounds like the reveal of it but its possible it could be available on the date right after the event though I'm.not sure how likely that is. At leazt se got dates

Soldato
Great about Zen 3 but crazy if they don't release info on RDNA2 cards before 3000 series is available to buy at least try and persuade people to wait, unless they don't really want to sell many gaming GPU as they can make many more Zen chiplets from same wafers so will be more profitable.

Moore's law is dead mentioned that could be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom