• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
Ive seen that Gigabyte are developing their W and WB watercooled cards as per the last and current generations.

Keeping an eye out for the Auros WB 3080!

Associate
Hey. Availabality rtx 3090 FE is 24 september? I want order from nvidia official. Also must sell my 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce

3090 FE - 24 sept

3090 Waterforce Aorus - much later i guess?"

Associate
Very excited for the release, that's for sure! I'm struggling to decide on AIB and have reviewed most of this thread for different opinions.

I've condensed a list below of the ones I'd consider. Would appreciate any additional thoughts to help me decide! Three things: I'm in the UK, not too fussed about aesthetics, and targetting a 3090. Also trying to avoid discussing stock... again. :)

1. Asus. Pros are usually a well-engineered cooling solution on the Strix (Tuf not so much). The downside is the Asus 'tax'. Support: Asus rep has posted a couple of times on here but I've found several reports of very strict RMA policies and process. This is close to the top however simply because I've already been suckered into so much Asus stuff that my OCD wants stuff to, well, match.
  2. EVGA. Good reputation, although while support in the US is meant to be stellar, there are a few hints it may have dropped off in the UK. Mild confusion r.e. only one card in the 3090 series being listed so far (and FTW vs IX).
  3. Zotac. Look decent enough although I've seen some odd stuff on GN about bad engineering (although should be resolved now). I think I read somewhere that there is a UK based RMA process but unsure.
  4. MSI. Mild questions regarding the backplate design (or lack thereof) and should probably wait to see thermal benchmarks. To be honest I've enjoyed the MSI hardware across Mobos and GPUs for years so tempted.
Discounting Gigabyte due to size right now, and the rest because I don't really have any knowledge / experience.

Stay well people.

Associate
Very excited for the release, that's for sure! I'm struggling to decide on AIB and have reviewed most of this thread for different opinions.

I've condensed a list below of the ones I'd consider. Would appreciate any additional thoughts to help me decide! Three things: I'm in the UK, not too fussed about aesthetics, and targetting a 3090. Also trying to avoid discussing stock... again. :)

1. Asus. Pros are usually a well-engineered cooling solution on the Strix (Tuf not so much). The downside is the Asus 'tax'. Support: Asus rep has posted a couple of times on here but I've found several reports of very strict RMA policies and process. This is close to the top however simply because I've already been suckered into so much Asus stuff that my OCD wants stuff to, well, match.
  2. EVGA. Good reputation, although while support in the US is meant to be stellar, there are a few hints it may have dropped off in the UK. Mild confusion r.e. only one card in the 3090 series being listed so far (and FTW vs IX).
  3. Zotac. Look decent enough although I've seen some odd stuff on GN about bad engineering (although should be resolved now). I think I read somewhere that there is a UK based RMA process but unsure.
  4. MSI. Mild questions regarding the backplate design (or lack thereof) and should probably wait to see thermal benchmarks. To be honest I've enjoyed the MSI hardware across Mobos and GPUs for years so tempted.
Discounting Gigabyte due to size right now, and the rest because I don't really have any knowledge / experience.

Stay well people.

I’ve been looking at the TUF. I was originally looking at EVGA but have a feeling even if they do have any stock soon, the FTW3 will be pretty expensive and the acx3 looks a little small.
The TUF is around the same size as the FTW3 and is the max size id get for my meshify c. It actually looks like a solid heatsink. The main problem that the 5700xt TUF had was no memory cooling. The 3080 has its own memory heatsink which is pretty good.

Associate
@Gibbo Any further insight on broad 3080 stocks levels expected at launch? Don't need brand specifics (know you can't share anyway). If you can't express it as a number because of the NDA, maybe you can estimate how tall a 2 x 2 tower made out of 3080 boxes would be compared with Ocuk HQ. :D:D:D

Associate
Anyone else thinking to not go for the cheapest 3080, seems everyone's going for ZOTAC trinity and instead go for a more expensive one to try and get one.

Back
Top Bottom