• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD confirms Radeon 6000 reveal and Zen 3 launch for October

Associate
Can't say I am optimistic, I think their top tier card will be somewhere between 3070 and 3080. I really hope I am wrong otherwise I will be picking up my first Nvidia card in the 3080.

Associate
(assuming reviews confirm what we suspect the perf increase to be)

But what are you assuming the increase to be? I really can't see how people are getting so excited by the blatantly manipulated marketing. Of course they are going to cherry pick the best numbers from very specific scenarios and advertise it as "100% increase over last Gen!"

I'm getting caught up in the excitement just as much as everyone, it's fun, but I do think people need to temper their expectations a little or there are going to be a lot of slightly disappointed people come launch day. Most of those people will also be in denial.

Last edited:
Soldato
Giving Nvidia over a month of mind share is never a good move no matter how positive you try to spin it.

As above.
Complete nonsense, and unrelated to your original post. If the product and pricing is good enough, it won't matter. Intel had ten years of "mind share" prior to Ryzen's launch, and yet it succeeded because it was a great product at a good price. A month isn't going to matter.

Associate
To be honest unless you have a desperate need for a new card you would be silly to buy nvidia before this comes out....yes it might not/ probably wont be as good but you have no way to be certain and the extra waiting time will only make stocks of nvidia cards better and allow their drivers to mature a tiny bit and potentially even the free game package we know will follow a month or so after release.

Soldato
To be honest unless you have a desperate need for a new card you would be silly to buy nvidia before this comes out....yes it might not/ probably wont be as good but you have no way to be certain and the extra waiting time will only make stocks of nvidia cards better and allow their drivers to mature a tiny bit and potentially even the free game package we know will follow a month or so after release.

I'm glad somebody gets it. Also releasing performance figures wouldn't make much difference as anyone who is buying Ampere before RDNA2 release was never going to be an AMD customer regardless.

Caporegime
Feckless as usual if they don't leak any numbers before the 17th. If they don't we can only presume that they can't get near to Ampere, and DLSS 2.0 will destroy them.

Bullzoid got it right when he said that AMD should *only* be allowed to design the GPU itself, then hand off the rest to a more competent company/AiB. Only then would they be successful.

I'll be going nVidia this round because of the above, GPU will be great I'm sure but everything else? Not so much.

Soldato
They claim a new era of leadership in graphics performance, hardly no confidence lol.
Ah, confidence like, "overclockers dream", "poor Volta"..... Look how well being confident then turned out :p

There is no decent new games out until cyberpunk in mid November, don't know why people are so impatient to hand over money without seeing the whole picture.

Cold War is out in November too and from I hear is a popular franchise.

Associate
This was said about 7nm as well...

At 5 nm they should go chiplets, which should make scaling up a lot easier (and cheaper), they needed to sort out architecture also and hopefully in 2 years drivers will be in a better shape - competition is good, if it wasn't for AMD we would not be getting much bigger jump now with Ampere.

Back
Top Bottom