• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Daaaaamn but that is a hella cheaper than I thought it would be.

Also am I reading right the EA Acess will be included in game pass???

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm half tempted to opt for series s, I will be buying PS5 anyway but if I have the S I can use my pc when I want the power side of games enabled but if wanna be lazy in living room can use the s

Only problem is the s is horrible design wise

Soldato
I'm likely to be one of those folk looking at it; more often than not you'll find a deal where you can get 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £18 like I've just seen today. Worse still, 14 day auction site codes for a quid or two each time. Not convenient by any means, but you save a lot more money...

Soldato
I'm half tempted to opt for series s, I will be buying PS5 anyway but if I have the S I can use my pc when I want the power side of games enabled but if wanna be lazy in living room can use the s

I personally don't think its a horrible design. Just a poor colour scheme it would have looked fine as a all white one colour console

Soldato

Design can't be that important to you if you're buying a PS5 :p

Amazing that this new generation is bringing 4 console SKUs, and every one of them has weird things going on, design wise. Series X is an odd shape. PS5 just looks bizarre (and is absolutely huge!). Series S looks fairly normal and unremarkable (in a good way)... but hang on, what on Earth is that? A massive black spot on the top of the console? :eek:

Soldato
Design can't be that important to you if you're buying a PS5 :p

Amazing that this new generation is bringing 4 console SKUs, and every one of them has weird things going on, design wise. Series X is an odd shape. PS5 just looks bizarre (and is absolutely huge!). Series S looks fairly normal and unremarkable (in a good way)... but hang on, what on Earth is that? A massive black spot on the top of the console? :eek:
I quite like the PS5 though!

Series X design is okay just boring and basically midi tower pc case

Series S has been attacked with a large bingo dabber.

Associate
personally I have no issues with the design of the series s, or x for that matter. To be honest I'm not going to be spending much time looking at them when playing, and they will be pretty much out of sight anyway. However the PS5 .. what were they thinking!!

Soldato
I quite like the PS5 though!

Series X design is okay just boring and basically midi tower pc case

Series S has been attacked with a large bingo dabber.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

I'm quite content with the fact I won't see the Series S's black spot once it's in my entertainment unit. In that sense, it effectively doesn't exist.

Soldato
is it? I need to go through the specs again but I thought the S was 4 teraflops against the X being 6. Assume the X is seriously being held back by the CPU....but if that was the case, a real daft move by MS when they gave the X 6 teraflops.
You can't compare the series S to the One X
Series s is fully next gen and does everything the series X does. Just at a lower resolution. Comparing next gen TFs to last gen TFs is daft.

Soldato
is it? I need to go through the specs again but I thought the S was 4 teraflops against the X being 6. Assume the X is seriously being held back by the CPU....but if that was the case, a real daft move by MS when they gave the X 6 teraflops.

TFLOPs aren't directly comparable between architectures. The One X runs on GCN. Series X|S run on RDNA2. The Nvidia RTX 3080 is something like 25 TFLOPs on Ampere.

We don't really know exactly how RDNA2 compares to GCN yet as no GPUs have been released on this architecture. But we do know how GCN and RDNA compare. And from that, the RDNA2 GPU in Series S can be presumed to be at least as powerful as the one in the One X.

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn, really good prices. Tempted to go for the Series S as an upgrade from my One S and then go for this hacky method thats doing the rounds to get 3 years of Live and the Pass for 70odd quid. Although looking at the Pass there isn't really any games I would play (I only play Fifa and Call of Duty :p)

Back
Top Bottom