Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

BPH

BPH

Associate
@Danny12345678912 I had the same problem.

HP Elitebook 840 G4 -> 2560x1440 as a maximum resolution in Windows when HDMI is used from laptop.

The problem is that HP Elitebook 840 G4 has HDMI 1.4 which has bandwidth not enough even to do 3440x1440 with 60 Hz.

Quick and dirty fix for Windows -> create custom resolution 3440x1440 56 Hz ( this tool is nice for Windows https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU )

Going to buy Thunderbolt (USB-C) -> DisplayPort cable and and try it out, it supposed to have 20 Gbit/s throughput.

And yeah, regarding 4k you have been able to do before - it was definitely not 4:4:4 60 Hz.
Jqh7whh.png

https://pasteboard.co/Jqh7whh.png

Jqh7whh.png

Bought the monitor via Amazon.de (it was the cheapest option for Sweden). 1 dead pixel and 2-3 subtle dark spots (not sharp as dead pixel, might be some dust or whatever). Overall, satisfied with it.

Associate
i just went and picked this up

after the reviews on bad panels it put me off but i went for it anyway. i might have just got lucky zero dead pixels and backlight bleed is non existent

so far its amazing, only let down is the pointless hdr mode it doesnt work in the slightest. ive always stuck with tn 144/240hz im a cs nutjob, ghosting is there but you have to really look for it. i was expecting it to be terrible coming from a 240 tn but i would have no problem playing some proper competitive games on it for sure

games look amazing on it, movies was a big surprise, speakers are good for the price

all in all 100% worth the money, i would say its a steal at the price that it is and will tie me over until 4k 144 becomes more mainstream

any questions let me know

BPH

BPH

Associate
ha, after 5 days one green bright pixel popped up few centimetres from left side... I read that somebody complained that bad pixels grow first month or two... will see...

Soldato
i just went and picked this up

after the reviews on bad panels it put me off but i went for it anyway. i might have just got lucky zero dead pixels and backlight bleed is non existent

so far its amazing, only let down is the pointless hdr mode it doesnt work in the slightest. ive always stuck with tn 144/240hz im a cs nutjob, ghosting is there but you have to really look for it. i was expecting it to be terrible coming from a 240 tn but i would have no problem playing some proper competitive games on it for sure

games look amazing on it, movies was a big surprise, speakers are good for the price

all in all 100% worth the money, i would say its a steal at the price that it is and will tie me over until 4k 144 becomes more mainstream

any questions let me know

The monitor is fantastic when its working... Had 2 my self before giving up and choosing something else. I hope your monitor continues to be without issues cause it's great when it works.

Associate
The monitor is fantastic when its working... Had 2 my self before giving up and choosing something else. I hope your monitor continues to be without issues cause it's great when it works.
when did you get yours? i know a lot of places were out of stock ocuk still is but maybe i got a new batch?

Associate
Really undecided between this and the GB3466WQSU (with the curve), I know it's completely personal preference but any suggestions? I'm currently running a 144hz 24" 1080p monitor - so would be a big jump in size. :D

Associate
Really undecided between this and the GB3466WQSU (with the curve), I know it's completely personal preference but any suggestions? I'm currently running a 144hz 24" 1080p monitor - so would be a big jump in size. :D
I’ve been trying to make the decision too, but some people’s opinions about the TN black smearing has really got me leaning towards this IPS variant

Associate
I'm between this IPS flat model and the VA curved one and can't decide which to buy...
My last monitor was HP Elite 27q (1440p, IPS, 60Hz).

Please help!

Associate
Absolutely shocking that this is STILL a problem in this day and age, doesn't matter what price you pay, there should be no bleed whatsoever, sadly even the £800+ monitors still suffer these problems. The sooner OLED monitors arrive the better.

Thankfully I am in no hurry so will happily play the RMA panel lottery.
Not just OLED,but even Samsung's QLED TVs (which are LCD LED) have ZERO light bleed,I don't know how they do it,but really unacceptable if a monitor has this much light bleed.

Associate
Is anyone able to comment on the input lag? The chap from Tech team GB who reviewed this monitor stated it has the highest input lag he's experienced so far and that it had a noticeable impact on his gaming experience. I've been using my GB3461WQSU for a couple of months now but haven't been able to game on it yet so I can't comment on the gaming experience or input lag.

I'm between this IPS flat model and the VA curved one and can't decide which to buy...
My last monitor was HP Elite 27q (1440p, IPS, 60Hz).

Please help!

I love the fact that the GB3461WQSU has a flat panel. At this size (34"), a flat panel works perfectly. If however you are used to having curved panels or you absolutely require a curve, then I'm sure the flatness of the panel will be very weird. But you're upgrading from a flat 27" panel so I'm sure you will enjoy a flat 34" IPS experience.

Soldato
I've been looking for an ultrawide and this one seems to tick the boxes. Currently got a Dell S2716DG and a 1080ti so would this be a good upgrade from that monitor and would gaming be okay with the 1080ti at the monitors resolution? I'll be getting a 3080 when they become more readily available.

Associate
I have just got the second one after RMa-ing the first one for bleeding. However, I have a strange problem.
It seems that, when looked perpendicular on the monitor, the right half has a yellowish tint, which is pretty obvious on white, but also shifts other displayed colours.
I'm not talking about edge, Im talking about 2/5 od the monitor (right side) having the yellow tint.

Anybody with a similar issue?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I have just got the second one after RMa-ing the first one for bleeding. However, I have a strange problem.
It seems that, when looked perpendicular on the monitor, the right half has a yellowish tint, which is pretty obvious on white, but also shifts other displayed colours.
I'm not talking about edge, Im talking about 2/5 od the monitor (right side) having the yellow tint.

Anybody with a similar issue?

Yeah I've noticed that on the one I've received today but I haven't had chance to have a good look yet

Associate
Yeah I've noticed that on the one I've received today but I haven't had chance to have a good look yet

It's driving me nuts - there is a shift of colour, most pronounced on light gray backgrounds - the left and middle is cool gray, while the right is noticably warm gray. When I shift head noticably to the right, the right part becomes neutral gray while the left is completely cool gray.

I'm inclined to RMA it, but I don't know if it's by design or if it's an issue with the panel

ljt

ljt

Soldato
It's driving me nuts - there is a shift of colour, most pronounced on light gray backgrounds - the left and middle is cool gray, while the right is noticably warm gray. When I shift head noticably to the right, the right part becomes neutral gray while the left is completely cool gray.

I'm inclined to RMA it, but I don't know if it's by design or if it's an issue with the panel

I've had a better look tonight. There is a slight warm hue to white on the right hand side, it's a little darker on the right hand side too.

It definitely isn't by design!

It's a shame, as I have pretty much no BLB, dead pixels, and G-sync works well. I only really notice the change in hue with a static colour over the whole of the screen, in normal use and gaming I don't notice it. Hmmm. I'll give it a week and see how I get on and decide then.

Back
Top Bottom