Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Soldato
Wow, those are some fierce prices!

I'm not actually that bothered about buying the game as warzone is the only mode I play anyway. As long as I can continue with that for free I'm not fussed about the campaign or other multiplayer modes!

I would say though that if I could pay an extra £10 for guaranteed PS5/XBsX support in the future after buying the current gen version of a game I'd be ok paying that tarrif personally.

I think given likely supply issues and the high cost of new consoles I think the industry will need to make cross generation upgrades a thing otherwise customers might put off buying games on their current system until they upgrade in future. Sony and game publishers will want to keep their cash flow going :D

Last edited:
Soldato

Nice to see it's got a campaign this time :p
MP apparently has 150 health with a faster TTK than BO4 but lower than MW. I think 150 health in BO4 was so bad because the hit detection was god awful.

Soldato
Can someone explain to me what the issue is with 150hp? Not being cheeky just curious. BLOPS was the last CoD I played prior to MW2019 but I never played it MP, just did the SP then dropped it as at the time I was more into Battlefield.

Typically, TTK is quite low to support the run and gun play style and keep the flow of the game at quite a high speed. It does tend to favour who sees a player first and it also gives benefit to those with higer reaction speeds and those who can play with higher controller sensitivity. Lower sensitivity players can struggle.

Higher TTK becomes problematic for a lot of players because it tends to slow down the gameplay and is less accessible to lower skilled players. It can be an issue with dog turd netcode and low server tick rates too. It actually favours higher skill gunplay and those who simply rely on reactions and run and gun typically lose out without some kind of balancing perk. Lobbies are often a car crash due to the typically bad netcode / server frame rates. When coupled with the higher amount of ordinance that needs to be sent in server data packets, particularly if they go with p2p lobbies, this can result in terrible hit reg and a pretty crappy MP experience.

I can cope either way but a lower TTK is my preference. I personally think MW has got a lot right and I'm really enjoying it. Not sure if I will get COD 2020 - but as long as the MP is fairly solid I will certainly consider it. I will wait for the overall feedback from the initial release before I decide.

Soldato
150 with a longer TTK is much more my preference. BO4 is the first COD I've enjoyed in years and the first COD I've dropped a Nuke on and got Dark matter.

I simply hate the kind of game where it boils down to who sees who first. Getting shot in the back / side and turning around on a guy who can't hold an aim and mowing him down is incredibly satisfying.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll probably pick it up at some point although I'm in no rush. I tend to suck at COD these days, so I'll be focussing on the campaign here. Hopefully it delivers.

I still need to play the Modern Warfare campaign too!

Soldato
150 with a longer TTK is much more my preference. BO4 is the first COD I've enjoyed in years and the first COD I've dropped a Nuke on and got Dark matter.

I simply hate the kind of game where it boils down to who sees who first. Getting shot in the back / side and turning around on a guy who can't hold an aim and mowing him down is incredibly satisfying.

Come to think of it, added to the above, longer TTKs to me, makes the guns feel very different too and impacts how you play with them too.

Caporegime
I started to play Warzone for free on PS4 6 motnhs ago. Prior to that my last game was BLOPS3.

I may buy thew new Black Ops, but what happens if I choose not to? The warzone i'm playing is based on the "code" from MW, so will that just cease to exist and I will in effect download the full Black Ops and have only Warzone (Black Ops) unlocked, just like I did 6 months ago from MW?

Also, the main reason I prefer the Black Ops series is Zombies. Any news on that?

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom