• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Interesting. Disney+ uses Dolby Vision at 4k and it looks fantastic. I watched Avatar through it last week and it blew me away. I never thought I'd be able to stream something at that quality, ever. D Vision really makes it pop. More so than HDR.
Dolby Vision is HDR (well, one of the HDR formats)

Caporegime
The monthly subscription is limited to a few countries only, at launch.

The price difference between getting it for 2 years on all access vs buying separate/upfront seems minimal to me anyway.

"Get your first month for £1,
then £10.99/month*"

Is there a cheaper way to get game pass ultimate, by buying gold and upgrading for say 6 or 12 months?

I'm very tempted to get the S and use it for gamepass for at least a while, if not 2 years. I'm not opposed to using a VPN as I always hear about using Brazil, but never looked into it.

rp2000
Damn, really good prices. Tempted to go for the Series S as an upgrade from my One S and then go for this hacky method thats doing the rounds to get 3 years of Live and the Pass for 70odd quid. Although looking at the Pass there isn't really any games I would play (I only play Fifa and Call of Duty :p)

Can you give more details of how the method works and the overall price compared to just buying from cdkeys or at full price? The All access is not available in my country so I would have to buy the subscriptions separate from the hardware.

rp2000

Soldato
Can you give more details of how the method works and the overall price compared to just buying from cdkeys or at full price? The All access is not available in my country so I would have to buy the subscriptions separate from the hardware.

rp2000

Search for threads created by me. I think I made a guide

Soldato

rp2000
So I haven't used it but see, REMOVED LINK.

HOW TO DO THIS STEP BY STEP:
1. Purchase up to 3 years / 36 months of Xbox Live Gold in the cheapest way possible
2. I did this by buying a regional locked Brazillian Xbox live gold 12 month subscription codes x3. You could also just buy UK Xbox live gold 12 month subscription if you dont want to do a regional method but the saving is less (I think cost is then £120 vs £70)
3. You then need to redeem this Xbox live gold onto your Microsoft account. Assuming you are using a Brazillian code, you need a VPN to do this. I did this using a free trial of NordNPN (you can cancel without paying once done) and then entering the codes on the Xbox App on my phone. You should check that your IP is genuinely in Brazil prior to using the app to enter the code (google "where is my IP" and check). Before I used NordVPN I used a couple of other VPNs that claimed to have a Brazil server but it didnt work. Make sure that you dont take the "extra 1 month" offer for signing up to auto review because you dont want to exceed 36 months overall
4. Once you have redeemed your codes, leave the VPN and if you want check that your account has xbox live on it fine - you can do this through account.microsoft.com and checking subscriptions - it should show 3 years
5. Return to the upgrade deal side xbox.com/en-…ade and pay for the offer. You will be charged £1 now, and commit to subscribe at £10.99 a month once your gold runs out (you could always cancel before if you dont want to)
6. Check your account at account.microsoft.com and it should show Xbox Game Pass Ultimate renewing in 3 years (mine says "next charge on 8/6/2023")

Caporegime

1. Purchase up to 3 years / 36 months of Xbox Live Gold in the cheapest way possible
2. I did this by buying a regional locked Brazillian Xbox live gold 12 month subscription codes x3. You could also just buy UK Xbox live gold 12 month subscription if you dont want to do a regional method but the saving is less (I think cost is then £120 vs £70)
3. You then need to redeem this Xbox live gold onto your Microsoft account. Assuming you are using a Brazillian code, you need a VPN to do this. I did this using a free trial of NordNPN (you can cancel without paying once done) and then entering the codes on the Xbox App on my phone. You should check that your IP is genuinely in Brazil prior to using the app to enter the code (google "where is my IP" and check). Before I used NordVPN I used a couple of other VPNs that claimed to have a Brazil server but it didnt work. Make sure that you dont take the "extra 1 month" offer for signing up to auto review because you dont want to exceed 36 months overall
4. Once you have redeemed your codes, leave the VPN and if you want check that your account has xbox live on it fine - you can do this through account.microsoft.com and checking subscriptions - it should show 3 years
5. Return to the upgrade deal side xbox.com/en-…ade and pay for the offer. You will be charged £1 now, and commit to subscribe at £10.99 a month once your gold runs out (you could always cancel before if you dont want to)
6. Check your account at account.microsoft.com and it should show Xbox Game Pass Ultimate renewing in 3 years (mine says "next charge on 8/6/2023")

To be honest, the £28.99 a month offer will likely work out more expensive as there will likely always be cheaper ways to get gamepasses such as this, rather than paying full price for it. though i suppose it depends if you can be bothered to faff around/look for good deals etc.

Caporegime

I think I get it, it's the getting cheap live subscription/VPN that's confusing the issue for me! Lets assume I have 6 months of live already, you are saying going to that special offer will upgrade all of my existing subscription to Game Pass ultimate for £1 ? If I had 24 months of live and I did it it would upgrade 24 months to ultimate, again for £1?

edit: The wording on the MS site is unclear but it implies you upgrade 1 month for £1 and pay £10.99 afterwards, but in reality it upgrades whatever length live subscription you already have, for £1 and then sets a 10.99 monthly fee after the existing sub expires.

rp2000

Soldato
I think I get it, it's the getting cheap live subscription/VPN that's confusing the issue for me! Lets assume I have 6 months of live already, you are saying going to that special offer will upgrade all of my existing subscription to Game Pass ultimate for £1 ? If I had 24 months of live and I did it it would upgrade 24 months to ultimate, again for £1?

edit: The wording on the MS site is unclear but it implies you upgrade 1 month for £1 and pay £10.99 afterwards, but in reality it upgrades whatever length live subscription you already have, for £1 and then sets a 10.99 monthly fee after the existing sub expires.

rp2000

It might not actually be what your looking for, but always worth a read

I'm sure somewhere it mentions about the brazil vpn

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...s-ultimate-conversion-is-back-for-1.18886177/

Caporegime
Soldato

rp2000
Yeah so it seems like you can grab the 12mth codes from any of the famous key selllers and then you just stack them on your account. If your wanting to save money then you buy 'brazil' codes but even if you bought the the official UK ones its still not bad going when you break it down over 3 years.

Yep, so applying the £1 offer apparently stacks it to all the remaining months of gold you have left. Then when your subscription runs out it will move you over to the 10.99 a month package.

Soldato
Tbh I have run my laptop on my tv at both 1440p and 4K and I can’t really see any difference. If the S matches the X on Graphical fidelity it is a bit of a bargain....

Caporegime
Yeah so it seems like you can grab the 12mth codes from any of the famous key selllers and then you just stack them on your account. If your wanting to save money then you buy 'brazil' codes but even if you bought the the official UK ones its still not bad going when you break it down over 3 years.

Yep, so applying the £1 offer apparently stacks it to all the remaining months of gold you have left. Then when your subscription runs out it will move you over to the 10.99 a month package.
Thanks, I should have mentioned i'm in spain, but I can see the same offer is on the spain site anyway: https://www.xbox.com/es-ES/xbox-game-pass#join
My xbox profile is UK, but small issues I'm sure I can workaround with VPN.

rp2000

Associate
Wonder if you buy the all access what happens to the existing gamespass you have, does it stack. I already have GP as it stands , Hoping if i buy the all access it stacks if not will have to buy console outright.
I would like 2 consoles in the house (thinking one of each), need one with Blu ray / UHD as will be used as media machine, so was hoping to get X under all access and buy s outright (assuming I can stack the GP). if not buying both means larger initial outlay.

Assuming you can still network install games across consoles too - so if we did buy disk game we could install onto X and copy across to S as opposed to moving hard drives around etc.
Also hoping they do some sort of trade in for older consoles

Soldato
is it? I need to go through the specs again but I thought the S was 4 teraflops against the X being 6. Assume the X is seriously being held back by the CPU....but if that was the case, a real daft move by MS when they gave the X 6 teraflops.

Series S renders at 1440p not 4K so that's 50% less pixels it has to deal with. And you're correct about the Jaguar based architecture on the current Xbox's being poorly optimised so that's a factor too. I've mentioned on here previously that they can't be judged on a TFLOP-TFLOP comparison.

Associate
@sad099 - good point about the network install. I'll be keeping our one x so if there were physical disc based games I wanted to use on the S or X hopefully we can use the network install to get round the lack of drive on the S

Back
Top Bottom