• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Considering half the games shown didn’t have RTX or DLSS how is that marketing? Surely if it was nvidia chosen every game would have been a DLSS/RTX title to show the maximum gains.

They showed off battlefield V with RTX disabled and refused to let the verifiers show it with RTX on. Smells of immature drivers or other issues to me. I have no idea why you would ever think they would want to show their new products in anything but the absolute best light.

Man of Honour
View I take looking at the specs with the 3000 cards is, they are going to be quite a bit faster than their predecessors which makes them interesting.

Exactly how much faster they turn out to be is less important as long as it is more than 40% and likely to be more.

I really don't care what the guy in the leather jacket said and while we are on the subject it is not a very good leather jacket.

Maybe a mod could start a poll for this thread "Do you like the green mans leather jacket" lol.

Soldato
Its not though.

Lets say your baseline score is 100fps with the 2080 and the 3080 is 80% faster so is 180fps.

And lets go with the 2080ti being 35% faster than the 2080 so would be 135fps.

180-135= 45 fps

45/135 = 33%

So on your figures even when the 3080 is 80% faster than the 2080, its only 33% faster than the 2080ti.

Even in perfect RT?DLSS games where the 3080 is 100% faster than the 2080, the maths work out as follows:

200-135= 65fps

65/135= 48% faster.

So we will probably be looking at 33% faster than a 2080ti and maybe in ideal perfect settings, it might be up to 48% faster.

And that assumes they both clock the same (which isn't looking likely since EVGA has only gone with a 5% overclock on its FTW3 Ultra card which is very very conservative)

So yeah i can easily see the 3080 only being 20-30% faster than a 2080ti in general and up to 40% more in ideal conditions.

Correct, don’t mind me.

If it ends up being 30% then sad times indeed. I was hoping for more along the lines of at least 50% minimum considering the 2x shader calcs per clock and the faster memory.

On average 2080Ti is only 30% faster than 1080Ti at 4k according to hwunboxed although I’m not sure how much I believe that personally. So it could end up being 50-55% ish depending on the game with say a 2080.

Still eagerly waiting for benchmarks and hope 50% minimum although I can’t see it now. If it is then 3080Ti or next generation for me.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Unless it’s absolute max settings then it should do with ease. 3080 should be nearly twice as fast as 1080Ti.

Not many games my 2080Ti can’t do 4k 60hz on unless I’m maxing every setting available. And even then only the poorly optimised and really demanding titles can’t manage it such as Assassins creed or rdr2.

I want at least 50% above my 2080Ti to be able to run all new games at 4k 60hz maxed otherwise I’ll be sticking with what I have.

And that’s the only reason I’m even considering a 3090.

Will have to wait for reviews to be sure unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom