• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
I mentioned it an earlier post, but I dislike the look of that power cable.

What were Nvidia thinking, placing it there.

The rest of the card looks fine, but that cable placement ruins the overall look.

Don't see why they couldn't have put the power plugs around the back-plate area with a short extension cable.

Soldato
There's already a custom cable available on Moddiy. (Presumably a competitor so no link.) I think I'd just put some cable clamps on the card to route the cable cleanly.

Associate
I have been through so many different fans, the best ones I found were the be quiet! Silent Wings 3. I'm not sure if you have tried them but worth a look if you like low noise and decent performance.

Had some of those in my last build and they were excellent. I'm doing a completely new build when Zen3 is out though, so kinda just forgotten about improving my existing one :D

Soldato
A week until launch and no benchmarks or reviews, no pre-orders, nerfed vram on the 3080, no decent upgrade path for 2080ti owners and a massive value loss on that card. They also seem power hungry which is a concern for 650w users and overclockers.

I won't lie, it's leaving a bitter taste giving over a grand to nvidia two years ago. My next graphics card might be an AMD, just out of spite lol

No upgrade path for 2080Ti owners?

The 3080 offers about as much performance over the 2080Ti you bought two years ago as that card did over the 1080Ti, except at a fraction of the price.

The 2080Ti was the lemon, not the 3080.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom