• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
I have been having trouble with getting 3600 stable on 3.20 but keep giving up with fiddling too much.

XMP (even with higher DRAM voltage) doesn't seem to be playing nicely. I can get reliable POSTs and passes in quick memtests but in certain games I'll get crashes and others I'll get stuttering on audio / graphics occasionally.

I'm running 3700X with 4x 8GB Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" PC4-28800C16 3600MHz on the X570 Taichi

I know it's a silicon lottery but anyone had any luck with a similar config?

Same for me more or less. Check my previous post in this thread for more details.

Soldato
After a lot of trial and error with different timings, I got my RAM stable at 3600 by just using the default XMP profile and 1.398v. Might be worth giving that a go, as when i was trying to amend the advanced settings, it was causing issues?

Tried all kinds of configs based on XMP mate as high as 1.5v as apparently thats safe, its might POST for a while but it's not stable.

Soldato
Well, I can't say I didnt think it would happen but it happened. Stupid chipset fan packed in. What a racket, soaring temps.

Now lucky I am so cynical, so sure I was that these little fans would break when they release X570 that months ago I contacted Asrock and told them mine had broken so they sent me a replacement. So I've already fixed this as I had one spare. But rather annoying none the less. Now to get another back-up fan!
https://youtu.be/-uLTjRaxRKE

Soldato
Well, I can't say I didnt think it would happen but it happened. Stupid chipset fan packed in. What a racket, soaring temps.

Now lucky I am so cynical, so sure I was that these little fans would break when they release X570 that months ago I contacted Asrock and told them mine had broken so they sent me a replacement. So I've already fixed this as I had one spare. But rather annoying none the less. Now to get another back-up fan!
https://youtu.be/-uLTjRaxRKE

That brings back (bad) memories of twenty years ago!

Cheap ass chipset fans have no place in modern tech IMO.

Soldato
3.2 seems pretty good so far, stable at 3733mhz IF unlike 3.0, boosts look ok, no cold boot bug yet.

Didn't like loading profiles from 2.8 so re-entered everything.

Edit:

3.2 is fantastic for me! Boosting to 4.625 on 2 cores, sorted out my low R20 scores. Now scoring 7344 PBO off where previously I was lucky to hit 7100.

How did u manually clock cores in bios ?

Associate
New BIOS out... 3.4

Update AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 V2 1.0.8.0

No good for me, not stable, I get random reboots in Windows. Every BIOS previous to 3.2 has been stable with my RAM but 3.2/3.4 just doesnt like my sticks at their XMP or any overclock. Back to 3.0 again and will wait for the next one.

Soldato
I stopped updating my BIOS after 2.1, just fell off bothering about it, it works so...... and I dunno any reason to update it.

But anyway just stopped by to post about having some rapid power cuts yesterday which apparently reset my BIOS. XMP was reset and fans were noisier than normal and of course... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from the stupid bloody SB fan which I previously had turned completely off.

I seem to remember using FANtastic to set a fan curve but nothing in there was working this time so I've done it a different way in BIOS which was actually easier and I've fine tweaked the fan duty to 35% which has blended in the noise with my case fans.

@beany_bot I'm late but still.. feels bad man, have an F

Associate
I stopped updating my BIOS after 2.1, just fell off bothering about it, it works so...... and I dunno any reason to update it.

But anyway just stopped by to post about having some rapid power cuts yesterday which apparently reset my BIOS. XMP was reset and fans were noisier than normal and of course... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from the stupid bloody SB fan which I previously had turned completely off.

I seem to remember using FANtastic to set a fan curve but nothing in there was working this time so I've done it a different way in BIOS which was actually easier and I've fine tweaked the fan duty to 35% which has blended in the noise with my case fans.

@beany_bot I'm late but still.. feels bad man, have an F

I'm current sticking to 2.11 as it also has the power usage readout corrections and I don't get boot issues like I have with later ones. Will probably only update unless something major comes along or I upgrade my cpu. :)

Associate
3.60 is out.
1. Update AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 V2 1.1.0.0
2. Optimize system compatibility with Renoir and Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors

Installed and running my RAM @ 3600. This was unstable for me with any thing over BIOS 3.0, so fingers crossed.

Edit: Well that was a big fat no, straight up random reboot after about 20-30 minutes of using Hyper-V. Have turned it down to XMP 3200. Might try tweaking it again at some point to see if I can figure it out, 3600 with same settings has been stable on every BIOS from 3.0 and prior.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom