*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
IMG-20200906-182009-01.jpg

Soldato
and a GSX 1000 USB DAC, nice. That case is small so that desk can't be too deep i suspect.

I lose sleep over the thought of the GSX dying.

The desk was custom made to fit in what was a cupboard space and yes you're right its quite shallow but it does the job. I'm hoping to get a loft conversion in the future and my Mrs can then have use this desk as a vanity desk or whatever it is they are called :)

I cant believe how bad that picture looks, looked fine on my phone!

Associate
I lose sleep over the thought of the GSX dying.

The desk was custom made to fit in what was a cupboard space and yes you're right its quite shallow but it does the job. I'm hoping to get a loft conversion in the future and my Mrs can then have use this desk as a vanity desk or whatever it is they are called :)

I cant believe how bad that picture looks, looked fine on my phone!

Yeah clicking into it, it is a bit fuzzy, but no big issue. I'm tempted to upgrade from a 6700k to Ryzen 4000 series and do love the look and functionality of the NR200 but it would involve a new PSU in addition to CPU and Motherboard (and probably RAM to get the most of out Ryzen). Given that i only use one PCIE slot, I have a wired ethernet connection, and my sound is a USB DAC, really have no need for ATX. Not sure whether to just wait for DDR 5 and Ryzen 5000 however.

Associate
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but does anyone have any suggestions of where to buy a nice side cabinet or something to put a Define 7 XL on?

The Ikea Alex is too small in terms of depth but would be perfect in width and height dimensions. Something in black or dark brown?

Soldato
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but does anyone have any suggestions of where to buy a nice side cabinet or something to put a Define 7 XL on?

The Ikea Alex is too small in terms of depth but would be perfect in width and height dimensions. Something in black or dark brown?
A mate has his PC sitting on a horizontally-lying 2x1 Kallax unit from Ikea. If you wanted something higher, you could get a 2x2. He has the cubes themselves fitted with baskets, drawers etc, and hides the power strip and bulk of cables there.

Associate
A mate has his PC sitting on a horizontally-lying 2x1 Kallax unit from Ikea. If you wanted something higher, you could get a 2x2. He has the cubes themselves fitted with baskets, drawers etc, and hides the power strip and bulk of cables there.

Thanks for the suggestion they have a 2x2 which would be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom