How does a guy like this get a girl like that?

Permabanned
Looks are subjective. I'll bet when you refer to 'stunning' women you're talking about your run of the mill instagram influencer with a few hundred thousand followers and, tbh, they all the same. The guys look like Ken dolls, the women look like Barbies and they all share the same trait - nothing going on between the ears. I know this because I spent 5 years of my life with one. There's a reason they're called models - great to look at but don't do much else.

12 years on from when we first met and my girlfriend is still a total knock out to me. Not just because she's beautiful, but because she is intelligent, doesn't financially rely on me and can hold a conversation.

Yes quite right. I’m trying to reflect the “younger” society that grew up with social media and the changes that has made on our younger females. The Instagram famous, influencers types, and the people who idolise them.

I couldn’t agree more with what you said. But that is maturity speaking. I learned that through the years making some mistakes, but relationships wise it’s not just looks it’s the whole package. But I am assuming we probably grew up in more valued times. Can you imagine being a teenager now. Lol.

Permabanned
A few years ago I spent a lot of time on dating sites and one of the questions I sometimes asked women was if they already had a FWB. Surprisingly a lot answered yes, or "not going to answer that". Sometimes they asked what FWB meant like they were being faux naive. It's worth remembering that while dating a lady, there is a possibility she is sleeping with someone else. Maybe she cuts that off when things get serious, but a few I spoke to even admitted to keeping their friends with benefits going during relationships.

Yes it’s certainly my experiences.

Permabanned
It's happened - the holy trinity of Psycho Sonny, McstylisT, and NZXT30, vying to show us how poorly they think of women. Separately they're formiddable but together ... unstoppable.

Holy ass, I would watch the heckers out of this film.

e: tosno and roar on the sub's bench :D

Oh come on Mag ;)

Think you are adding 2 and 2 and getting 7 here.
I just have a personal experience over a few years. The behaviour with a certain type of young lady was very much the same.
I think you are portraying my observations as insults somewhere. I am only trying to display the mindset and attitudes of the younger women today is very different. My era and I’m sure yours was very different.

Man of Honour
This just re-confirms my thoughts that dating sites and the sort of people that use them, aren't for me.

There must be a place for them, or people wouldn’t be using them, it’s probably a case of “that was then, this is now.”
I can’t imagine ever having to make use them when I was “in the life”, say from 25 to 45, as all my adult life I’d had confidence to spare.
I’d walk into a bar, party, wedding reception, whatever, and without annoying, upsetting, or frightening a woman, I’d stay outside her comfort zone, lazily assess the situation, wait for an opening, and say something innocuous.
I could gauge in seconds what reaction I was getting, and if she smiled and relaxed, I’d run with it, if she gave me the stink eye, I’d smile, accept it, and back off, it was hardly rocket science.
As I said, things are different now, no one appears to have time to meet the old fashioned way, if you approach a woman now, and say something which no one could construe as suggestive, you’d probably get a visit from the sexually threatening police squad.

Caporegime
This just re-confirms my thoughts that dating sites and the sort of people that use them, aren't for me.

Kind of depends on the site, tinder is probably still quite hook up oriented.

Did read some stats recently - some double digit % of people on it are already in relationships, inc a double digit % of married men. Guys swipe right on something like 60-70% of women on average (perhaps skewed by the guys who swipe right as many times as they can in some mass attempt to find a random hook up), girls swipe right only circa 5% profiles they're shown on average.

I did have quite a bit of success on the site my single friend back in the day supposedly had a better raito - party because you need a friend to write your profile description for you... cuts out the weirdos for a start.

There were two peirods where I was on it - one time got a male firend to write the profile, he did make it quite laddish, "banter" etc.. and the girls I ended up meeting were perhaps less fussed about anything serious. The other time it was a female friend from work who wrote the profile, having a girl write the profile seemed to get the girls on the site who were trying to find a partner etc.. interested.

(Ultimately - nothing long term came of any of it, did date some very nice girls though)

Soldato
Wanna see those profiles now ...

*waits*

My passions are shopping, prosecco and being georgous. If you're under 6'5" don't talk to me. I won't message first. Not looking for hookups. No facial hair. IDK why tinder says I'm 36, I'm really 48. Music is my life . Don't ask me on a date if you're broke. If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best. Sushi and pumpkin spiced lattes ❤. No bum stuff on first date. Being a single mum is hard or so I'm told.

Permabanned
My passions are shopping, prosecco and being georgous. If you're under 6'5" don't talk to me. I won't message first. Not looking for hookups. No facial hair. IDK why tinder says I'm 36, I'm really 48. Music is my life . Don't ask me on a date if you're broke. If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best. Sushi and pumpkin spiced lattes ❤. No bum stuff on first date. Being a single mum is hard or so I'm told.

#DeservedClap :)

Back
Top Bottom