Can we really recommend anything below 4TB

Associate
Well, at the moment, my system only had one internal drive, a 1TB nvme as boot/app/games drive, i think once I’d installed everything i wanted to, I’d used up nearly half it’s capacity (at least), so since i have to replace the ssd (looks like it borked), I’ll be going with a 2TB mech drive, a replacement 1TB nvme, and i currently also have a 4TB external usb drive as a backup, which now that i think about it, I’ll probably put my steam library on that, and use the 2TB drive as a emergency backup in case the replacement OS drive dies.

Associate
Of course you can, because it entirely depends on what you are going to use those drives for.

Just replaced 4 1tb mechanical drives that I've had for over 10 years with 2 x 3tb drives, which should be more than sufficient to store my digitised vinyl and cd collections.

Have windows and those games I play regularly on a 960gb ssd and the other games I play occasionally installed on a 1tb mechanical.

2 x 4tb was beyond my budget significantly where as 2 x 3tb was close enough above my budget to make it acceptable

Back
Top Bottom