• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So, decided on a 3080? Which manufacturer and why?

Associate
If the founders edition cards release at 12am, I will try and get one. If they release at 2pm, I will probably focus on AIB as they should be easier to get as more choice. In that case, probably aorus master or gaming X trio.

Soldato
Per title, who's brand are you going to go for, and what made you choose them? Personally, I think I'm going Gigabyte for their warranty being Uk based, and the more than helpful rep here :)

What say you, the masses?

Gigabyte charge £15 return postage if you need to RMA.

MSI are easy to deal with and pay for return postage if you need to RMA.

Asus are awful to deal with so I avoid.

Associate
If I decide to get the 3080 or 3090 it will be EVGA cant beat their service and I will extend the warranty to 5 years as I have done with my 2080TI already had to send one to Germany but got evga to pay for it, it just died got a brand new replacement so my current card is like only 3 months old shame it did not die after 3090 release might have gotten a crazy upgrade

Associate
My case is unfortunately limited to 30cm long cards, and all of them are soooo loooong... I have only found the Asus TUF and Palit Gaming cards to be under 30cm (29.99 and 29.5 cm). The founders is also under, but it won't work in this case since it's inverted and would push air the wrong direction. All AIB cards are extreme 3 fan solutions at 32cm and more. :(

Soldato
My case is unfortunately limited to 30cm long cards, and all of them are soooo loooong... I have only found the Asus TUF and Palit Gaming cards to be under 30cm (29.99 and 29.5 cm). The founders is also under, but it won't work in this case since it's inverted and would push air the wrong direction. All AIB cards are extreme 3 fan solutions at 32cm and more. :(

To be honest. If your able to grab a £600+ GPU.. £50+case to handle the card should be 100 times easier then getting one shipped on the first order batch :)

Associate
Probably the FE as it seems like all AIBs are going to be jacked up in price, depends on the temps we see on the 14th. If it reaches 80c with fairly loud fans I will get an AIB if any are at MSRP or close to.

Associate
Will go FE, I like the look and the price won’t go up if I don’t mange to get it on release. Failing that probably Zotac as that’s my 1080 and it’s been great plus 5 year warranty.

Associate
For the first time ever direct from Nvidia ! Non of the 3rd party manufactures have gone for Nvidia new cooling system, don’t understand it because they have obviously done there research and found it cools the card better, I also don’t think its worth spending £100 more for some fancy LED lights as that’s all you are getting extra.

Associate
Asus 3090 strix is what I really have my heart set on even with the ridiculous Asus tax. The FE looks stunning but the power connector placement and adapter are annoying but hopefully cablemod may make those one day I hope.

Looking forward to seeing the reviews though as I really want to see what temps the FE card will be.

Caporegime
You have to be a complete **** to be picking a card already based purely on aesthetics without knowing anything else about it.

why? Lots of people plan to water cool so if you want a block from the start, your choice is going to be FE or any AIB card which is reference and gives a good long UK warranty.

what else is needed to know before you make your decision?

I have my preferred choices down to two cards.

if you wait until reviews are out are suspect they will all be sold out so. If not, no harm done, just send the first you you bought back or cancel it’s order.

Caporegime
There was a vid of the 3080 doing well temps-wise but it's thought it was being run at maximum rpm.

is that the video where the author put on the notes that the performance and temp of the 3080 in the video was assumption based on the information Nvidia supplied? So hence all it was showing was 30% better cooling as promised by Nvidia.

so I wouldn’t hold much truck in that. In one game he had the 3080 under load operating at 39C. Would be amazing if that was true but I have my doubts,

Back
Top Bottom