• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Thank god I didn’t sell my 2080ti roll on Monday to we see what these cards can do:

Yep even though I have in my head I was pre ordering on Thursday I'm glad benchmarks are coming out Monday.

Hell even retailers are falling for the hype and putting prices up to match lol.

If I was you I would keep that 2080ti after it all boils over it will probably be worth more than people think.

Soldato
This guy speaks a lot of sense and I'm sure Nvidia is desperate to take down his channel lol.

The 3080 is basically a 2080ti with the power unlocked. It all makes sense, there's no improvement to rasterization whatsoever, basically if you care about RT get the 3080 otherwise and his words not mine if your dumb enough to sell a 2080ti buy it from them at a quarter of the price lol.

It's basically a rebrand of the 2080ti with faster RT and the power draw increased,and we all know how many RT titles there are available lol.

Not quite the next gen Jensen and his leather jacket would like everyone to believe.

https://youtu.be/ADFiy6U2LAg
No that's incorrect.

The 3080 Is around 40 percent faster than the 2080 ti

Associate
I thought that Nvidia had confirmed in a Q&A on Reddit that the cited performance increases were in both rasterization and in raytracing. Has this been proven to be incorrect now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ilhao8/nvidia_rtx_30series_you_asked_we_answered/
I thought that Nvidia had confirmed in a Q&A on Reddit that the cited performance increases were in both rasterization and in raytracing. Has this been proven to be incorrect now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ilhao8/nvidia_rtx_30series_you_asked_we_answered/

I don't believe that for a second just by looking at the rops spec not to mention it's already been tested with a 2080ti.

It's already been proven with doom eternal Nvidia was using a newer opengl API driver and used the old one on the 2080ti lol.

That's marketing scams at it's best.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Sorry, but what a load of tosh.

An unlocked 2080ti, despite an architectural change and reduction in fab size? If we're going by that logic then a 1080ti is an unlocked version of my 970 :rolleyes:

The power draw? Of course it's going to use more power, it's a bigger die for starters and uses GDDR6X memory, which whilst more efficient on a per-bit basis, uses more power as its outright faster than GDDR6.

The performance metrics are all conjecture at this point, no one outside of Nvidia and those under NDA have any idea how well the card will perform. Their quoted figures of performance may well not stand up to heavily overclockers Turing cards, but then the Turing cards that are heavily overclockered are going well beyond the stock power draw in the first place so it's really a moot point.

Soldato
I got a bad feeling the 2080ti owners who have got rid of there cards for 400-500 are going to regret it and should have waited until monday.
Yep, why i'm holding out for a bit.
However I am tempted to try and get a 3080 at launch. If I do manage to get one then great. If all the hype is true, sell my 2080Ti which still has loads of warranty and keep the 3080. If it is just hype then sell the 3080
I understood when I got my 2080ti I would stand to lose money on it but did get quite a good deal. £825 for hardly used EVGA which I then paid for a 5 year warranty on top of that
Interested to see how the 10GB VRAM holds out at 3440x1440 / 4k.

That said, i'm in no rush to replace my 34" 100hz gysnc monitor so am limited to around 90fps anyway

Back
Top Bottom