• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX3080 availability lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
From a quick discussion with OC sales it seems some cards might be in stock on the day of release - although nothing is booked onto their system as yet - possibly deliberately because of the 17th release date, but that others are not going to be in stock until October at the earliest.

On the OC website some cards are showing as *AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER SEPTEMBER 17th* others aren't, it might be an indication of which are definitely not going to be in stock, but then again it might not!

It looks like it's going to be a real lottery as to whether the card you chose is available on the day or not.

Associate
It will be similar to the situation we faced when waiting on the MSI X570 Tomahawk. ScottiB was extremely reluctant to do a preorder on it as MSI are renound to be inaccurate with stock landing dates and confirmed UK. So its in the hands of the card Vendors giving confirmed stock buy in prices and stock dates that will be holding ocuk back.

Soldato
Just to play devils advocate …. they are allowed to sell cards they have on the 17th right ? so maybe the ones listed for pre-order on the 17th are the ones that WONT be in stock ;)

Associate
To me this is good news, if for example I pre order a Zotac, not in stock for 2-4 weeks etc with DSR on top, means I have secured an order and will get time to see what AMD have, best of all worlds

Associate
OP
To me this is good news, if for example I pre order a Zotac, not in stock for 2-4 weeks etc with DSR on top, means I have secured an order and will get time to see what AMD have, best of all worlds

For you that might well work, but for me with a PC which has no graphics card and no onboard graphics I need one quickly! You might place an order and find it delivered next day where I might have to wait 2 - 4 weeks ! It would be nice to have a definitive statement as to what is and isn't in stock so who want immediate delivery can choose that and those who want a delivery wait can choose what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom