Excess Insurance - Hire Car

Soldato
Hi Guys

Sorry, i know this has been posted but i couldn't find the thread.

Who do you all use to cover the excess with hire cars? I usually just risk it and take out nothing, but figure for a smallish cost it makes sense to grab something.

Open to both single use and annual. We're going away for 10 days and the price didn't seem to differ much between the two and i'm sure i'll be hiring something again within a year.

Man of Honour
Questor is the cheapest generally but they do have a value limit to watch for, it might sound trivial but some fully optioned 5 series or above breach the value limit. For that reason I now have icarhireinsurance. Most of the others have performance limits which again sonnds like a non issue until you realise something basic like a 330d breaches that.

Associate
Never had a problem with insurance4carhire (usually get annual cover) and with topcashback doesn't feel too expensive. Pays for itself in one trip (vs rental excess cover) even if there's no damage. Peace of mind helped too so no worries about crooked rental firms.

Commissario
Never had a problem with insurance4carhire (usually get annual cover) and with topcashback doesn't feel too expensive. Pays for itself in one trip (vs rental excess cover) even if there's no damage. Peace of mind helped too so no worries about crooked rental firms.
This is who I've used before, haven't had to claim though!

Associate
My sis had made a couple of claims and I've made one. Pretty straightforward, you pay the hire company and then send the details to i4c and they put the money in your account a few weeks later (never been a long wait).

Back
Top Bottom