**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
I’ve had my Note 20 Ultra for a couple of weeks now and I’m still using my iPhone. The Ultra is set up and customised but what is stopping me from putting my SIM card in full time is my WhatsApp history. I’ve been looking at ways to switch my WhatsApp history across and I’m just not keen on these third party apps as they have been known to harvest your data. I have really important threads that I need to transfer and have them continue but I have no way of doing so.

Any ideas?

Associate
Guys using the update programme.

What sort of recompense did you receive?

My Note10 was immaculate, housed with a whitestone screen protector and spigen tough armour case, there wasn't a mark on this phone. I've had the remaining balance paid off by Samsung...only £300, but nothing else, I could have traded this in and got £400, is there something I am missing about the update programme, becasue to be quite honest, I'm not impressed.

Soldato
Guys using the update programme.

What sort of recompense did you receive?

My Note10 was immaculate, housed with a whitestone screen protector and spigen tough armour case, there wasn't a mark on this phone. I've had the remaining balance paid off by Samsung...only £300, but nothing else, I could have traded this in and got £400, is there something I am missing about the update programme, becasue to be quite honest, I'm not impressed.

I looked into the upgrade program before and I believe it's only intended to pay off the outstanding amount owed on the phone. If the phone is worth more at a reseller, you'll probably lose out. I also believe that the upgrade program is geared so that by the time you're able to trade up, you should owe more than 50% of the phone's initial purchase value because the final payment is a big lump. This theoretically works in your favour (since it means you are getting more debt cleared), but I guess you can simply pay off the finance if it's better for you to do so, and then get your upgrade.

Permabanned
I’ve had my Note 20 Ultra for a couple of weeks now and I’m still using my iPhone. The Ultra is set up and customised but what is stopping me from putting my SIM card in full time is my WhatsApp history. I’ve been looking at ways to switch my WhatsApp history across and I’m just not keen on these third party apps as they have been known to harvest your data. I have really important threads that I need to transfer and have them continue but I have no way of doing so.

Any ideas?

I was in the same boat but you have to use an app. I opted to use https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com/whatsapp-transfer-backup-restore.html and it worked flawlessly. I left it over night as it can take a while but next morning everything had transferred and was in the correct place.

Associate
Don't you just add another account and just click on which you want to use? I have two on my S10 personal and work

You can create the secure folder and add a completely seperate account with seperate apps in there, perhaps not so convenient as its a chinese wall security model.

Im still using my 7T, will try later today, thanks.

Associate

Any ideas?

Does iOS let you backup to Google drive? Is so can't you do that and then restore on your Note?

Associate
Permabanned
Thank you. I’ll take a look at this, I don’t mind paying as long as it’s done locally on my machine to ensure my chats are not sent off to a server somewhere.

Yes it was done locally as far as I could tell. You plug both phones in at the same time and follow a few instructions on screen and off it goes. I was amazed how it all worked.

Soldato
Ouch, Im lucky to have not been stung.

Nice one, mine ended up cheaper than I thought to be honest.

Funnily enough I'm always a bit suspicious of when couriers pre-charge you customs duty before It's actually entered the destination Country. Granted it gets you through clearance faster but it obviously eliminates any chance that your parcels sneaks in. ( I mean they can't check every single parcel can they??? ) . So what happens if it doesn't get taxed, do the couriers actually pay it? knowing how shady even companies can be I'm a little suspicious of it.

Associate
I looked into the upgrade program before and I believe it's only intended to pay off the outstanding amount owed on the phone. If the phone is worth more at a reseller, you'll probably lose out. I also believe that the upgrade program is geared so that by the time you're able to trade up, you should owe more than 50% of the phone's initial purchase value because the final payment is a big lump. This theoretically works in your favour (since it means you are getting more debt cleared), but I guess you can simply pay off the finance if it's better for you to do so, and then get your upgrade.
I can't remember offhand now but it was between £450 and £500 paid off. There has always been a 10% deposit but this year the final payment is 20% so while in theory your clearing that by upgrading, you start a new contract and the cycle begins again.

DrK

DrK

Associate

Any ideas?

I looked at this in detail. The software mentioned a few posts before is your best bet. I didn't end up using it in the end but instead exported a few important chats and sent them via email as a text file.

Associate
I looked at this in detail. The software mentioned a few posts before is your best bet. I didn't end up using it in the end but instead exported a few important chats and sent them via email as a text file.
Thank you. I tried this method but when trying to restore the imported chats I couldn’t get them to restore. I actually only need a handful of chats but they are important message chains that have been on going for a while.

Back
Top Bottom