WRC 9

Soldato
OP
Good report from him too! Thinks are looking positive for it

Haven't played at night yet, looked really nice on the stream!

Oh well wheel will be back out this weekend I think to give it a go :)

I've put in a few hours now and I am really enjoying it. It feels so much more like you are actually controlling a car. Unlike Dirt Rally 2 which I put in a lot of hours and played extensively in VR. That always felt a bit like I was floating around the track. This feels more like I am driving along narrow roads and tracks. The cars seem to react what I imagine is reasonably realistic manner, to the various surfaces they encounter, apart from the damage which I turned down a tad. They handle well and once I got used to them, I started putting out some reasonable times (for me) and getting first place.

Associate
Have had WRC 9 for a few days now and am quite impressed. Mostly by the visuals and the quality in the stages. It has taken some time to get my Thrustmaster gear to sync to the way I would like. This I suppose has something to do with the games link to Fanatec. Graphically as I say is generally pretty good. If you want to be finicky sometimes the outer details can be a bit grainy. Also the lighting contrast on some stages ,i.e. sunshine to shade can be way too harsh. The idea great but just a bit over the top. Also the sun strike in the dawn stages is overdone and all most makes playing impossible. Yes I now sunstrike in the real world exists, but there are ways around it and it never gets to be the problem in the way it is in the game. Another wee niggle is in the realism area. When setting up a car the system used is not very realistic, i.e does not use actual measurements, and there is no setting for setting the toe on a vehicle. But apart from these wee niggles I am really getting to grips and enjoy it heaps. A Last comment as Rally competitor it would great to have a combo of Dirt Rally 2 's ease of set ups and general physiscs with WRC 9 graphics. Oh also WRC 9 audio lacks behind DR2.

Associate
I can't get this game running smoothly at all, game stutters then I lose FFB to my G29. It's just a big stuttery mess, anyone got any ideas? i5 6600k, GTX1080 at 3440x1440

Soldato
I can't get this game running smoothly at all, game stutters then I lose FFB to my G29. It's just a big stuttery mess, anyone got any ideas? i5 6600k, GTX1080 at 3440x1440

What's your monitors refresh rate?

If its 60Hrtz lower your GPU's[GTX1080 at 3440x1440] FPS to 75, do not use Vsync and see what happens.

Associate
I am back to having a problem with WRC9 that I had when I first got it. The game is stuttering and sort of freezing a lot. It is worse now than before. It did go away but came back this afternoon.

Associate
I am back to having a problem with WRC9 that I had when I first got it. The game is stuttering and sort of freezing a lot. It is worse now than before. It did go away but came back this afternoon.

I've given up for now, I posted above and on other forums but can't sort it out. The minute mine stutters and freezes I lose force feedback to my wheel as well. Gutted as I'm reading good things about it but it seems we're in the minority with this problem.

Associate
Here I am again, getting pi...d off with this game. Trying to do a Club eSport event now and the Bl...dy thing has started this stuttering and completely freezing for 1-2 sec. Was really getting to enjoy the game but ready to throw it in the bin and would not recommend it to anyone.

Associate
Edited because I found where to reduce the vibration in settings.
Loving this game! Cars feel superb to drive!

The performance and reliability areas of the tree are ghosted out, and edited again because I read elsewhere the ability to spend skill points on the right side of the tree doesnt open up until later levels.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh this game is good but still bloody annoying. Now when completing the Rally New Zealand Challenge it says I have poor internet and other garbage. There is absolutely nothing wrong with y connection.Come on KT sort it out.

Associate
I think you need a wheel to play this with cockpit view.
I have a wheel, but have only been playing with a controller so far, and am having no issues. Put in some controller time and you should be ok!
Bonnet view, but I dont feel the view would make too much difference for me either way. It works with a controller!

Back
Top Bottom