Buying direct from Xiaomi

Soldato
Hi. Do any of you have experience with buying direct for Xiaomi on their mi uk website? They have the redmi 9 pro for £219 at the moment that I think is cheaper than Amazon. I know Amazon have decent customer service but not so sure about the Mi website.

Associate
Hi. Do any of you have experience with buying direct for Xiaomi on their mi uk website? They have the redmi 9 pro for £219 at the moment that I think is cheaper than Amazon. I know Amazon have decent customer service but not so sure about the Mi website.

If you are planning on buying the Note 9 Pro, then why not rather treat yourself to the newly release POCO X3? It's an upgrade in every way and available from Amazon France for £199..

maj

maj

Soldato
I bought my current phone directly from them. Although their warehouse is in France delivery for me took longer than anticipated but it was at the start of the pandemic so may be quicker for any orders now.

Associate
I bought my mi8 from them bit of a nightmare, had to swap from app to website and back to app for setting up the account then ordering, but once ordered it was ok. Would order again though as prices were good

Soldato
Is 64bg enough these days. I've always found phones get full of stuff eventually. My current phone is an 32gb s7 but the charger port is playing up and the screens mildly cracked. Would this be equal or an upgrade in comparison?

Probably go for the 128gb

Associate
Is 64bg enough these days. I've always found phones get full of stuff eventually. My current phone is an 32gb s7 but the charger port is playing up and the screens mildly cracked. Would this be equal or an upgrade in comparison?

Probably go for the 128gb

Smart choice 64gb ends up being closer to 40gb which is not a lot of space and I know people will say but it has sd card support not if you have two sims it doesn't.

Soldato
OP
If you are planning on buying the Note 9 Pro, then why not rather treat yourself to the newly release POCO X3? It's an upgrade in every way and available from Amazon France for £199..

After weeks of watching reviews and reading specs I thought I had worked out what phone I wanted, then you wrote this. After checking out the reviews it does seem to be better than anything else at that price range. I just pre ordered the 64gig (plenty for me) from Amazon. Didnt really want to order direct from Xiaomi since they didnt have very good reviews at all. Still taking a bit of a risk since the X3 is a new phone and who knows if it'll have problems. Thanks for the recommendation.

Soldato
After weeks of watching reviews and reading specs I thought I had worked out what phone I wanted, then you wrote this. After checking out the reviews it does seem to be better than anything else at that price range. I just pre ordered the 64gig (plenty for me) from Amazon. Didnt really want to order direct from Xiaomi since they didnt have very good reviews at all. Still taking a bit of a risk since the X3 is a new phone and who knows if it'll have problems. Thanks for the recommendation.
I bought the 128gb today for 220. Let's hope it painless.
How much is this phone gona steal my data and give it to the CCP?

Associate

Buying directly from Amazon is the best option as returns are painless and you've got a 2 year warranty as well.

I received mine from Xiaomi Spain today. Ordered via AliExpress on the 8th for £170 so the added £30 from Amazon is definitely worth it should the need arise.

I am upgrading from a 2 year old Mi Max 3 and this POCO X3 feels really snappy!

Soldato
Has anyone found a leather case for it yet - A load in China but 20-40 days delivery.

It's listed on Amazon Italy but I don't speak Italian so I struggled on there.

Hopefully mine should be here next week - Glad I hesitated on the Note 9 Pro - Has it got scratch proof glass.

Back
Top Bottom