Steam cleaner

Soldato
Anyone have a steam cleaner around the house?
Are they any good?
I'm thinking about getting one for giving bathrooms, kitchens etc a very good clean. Waste of money or a sound investment?

Associate
I've got a reasonable cheap one from argos. (I think I spent about 70 quid for one with every attachment possible). I use it from time to time on things such as the ovens and hobs, which does make things one hell of a lot faster but I can't think of many times I've used it outside of this.

Associate
I've had my mum's one in my wardrobe since around Christmas time, I used it to clean the carpet, and have used it on other stuff. The reality is though it sits gathering dust because it's inconvenient to get out and set up when in most cases some multi-purpose cleaner and a cloth does the job. It'll be good for a deep clean when I move out in a few months, particularly in the bathroom. But given it's in my wardrobe it shows how little my mum also decided to use it.

Soldato
I've The reality is though it sits gathering dust because it's inconvenient to get out and set up when in most cases some multi-purpose cleaner and a cloth does the job. It'll be good for a deep clean when I move out in a few months, particularly in the bathroom. But given it's in my wardrobe it shows how little my mum also decided to use it.
Same here

I payed over £300 for a highend karcher steam cleaner plus the accessories last year and the last time I used it was about a month after I bought it..:o
I also have a cheap stick type upright one that also does not get used..:o

But i guess you could blame most of it on me just being a very lazy GIT :o:o:o

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a karcher sc2.600c

As far as steam cleaners go it's a good one, and I use it often, but it's not the last word in practical cleaning I'm.

I but packs of 26 or so microfibres from costco for about £10 and cut them in thirds to use as disposable mops for the head. It seems pointless to wash them and reuse them.

It's great for cleaning laminate and tile floors. And it's okay for deep cleaning other parts of the kitchen, but if you use it like you see in the adverts it's a very messy way of cleaning and you need a constant supply of cloths.

If its for anything else but floors have another think about it.
I like my karcher one as it has two reservoirs... The external one is open and you can keep filling it if you need to as with others you can't refill them until they have cooled down.

The downside with it have g a long hose and pipes is that if you put it down for a few minutes the steam condenses and it will shoot water out when you use it again! I learnt the hard way with that one.

You can use this one as an iron too as the hose comes off and you can get an iron attachment if you are that way inclined!

Soldato
I too have the karcher one above and it's pretty good. Avoid the cheap handheld ones from Vax and their floor steam cleaners. Awful products.

Soldato
Karcher one here and while we do use it, its once in a blue mood.

Sadly though its the only thing that will properly clean out slate tiles so its a requirement.

still i would buy one again

Back
Top Bottom