Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
@Cyclone Do you reckon in 100 years time people will be haggling over them on celebrity tat hunt or taking them to be repaired so they can show their grand children? Cos I guess they fill the same niche as deco statues or other objets tat just more modern.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Just bought a king size ottoman bed from John Lewis. We don't actually have the house for another few weeks but the bed had a lead time of 6 or 7 weeks so it made sense to buy it now and hopefully by the time the house is ready the bed wont be long after. Probably be using the mattress on the floor for a week at worst hopefully.

Quite happy with it. We don't have a huge bedroom so it's nice that we'll be able to use the space under the bed to put the bits we don't really use

I have this in double size, seems very good for the money. It’s also pretty good that they deliver it and also build it for you for no extra charge. Only took the pair of them 10-15mins, was impressed.

Soldato
I have this in double size, seems very good for the money. It’s also pretty good that they deliver it and also build it for you for no extra charge. Only took the pair of them 10-15mins, was impressed.

Oh I didn't realise they do that! That makes it even better. Though they called this morning to say it'll be end of October :(

Caporegime
I keep trying to decide whether we should have an ottoman bed. We store a few things under our existing wooden frame and it's a ball ache sometimes trying to get to the stuff, plus it's a nightmare vacuuming under it.

John Ryan recommend a divan so I got a divan with drawers for storage.

The John Ryan mattress arrived a few weeks ago awaiting the bed now. Headboard arrived before the mattress too.

Lead times on beds are crazy for some reason.

Soldato
I keep trying to decide whether we should have an ottoman bed. We store a few things under our existing wooden frame and it's a ball ache sometimes trying to get to the stuff, plus it's a nightmare vacuuming under it.

Both are the reasons we decided on an ottoman bed. Easy to get to bits stored under the bed and no space for bits to roll under it which means vacuuming should be easier! Also it's quite low which is what we both prefer. Not a huge fan of high beds always had very low beds

Soldato
Been looking at Dreams for a super-king size ottoman but we want a sleigh fabric covered one so the options are quite sparse. One thing I never find mentioned is the mattress weight limit of the gas struts as we have a really nice extra thick 3000 pocket and memory foam mattress and it weighs a good chunk.

Soldato
Are you a barber?

Why this over say Andi's or Wahl?

I have a Andi's which came highly rated by pro barbers which looks similar to this.

Not a barber, i cut my hair as short as possible without wet shaving and like trying out different ones, these are cheaper than the ones you mentioned.

I think it's a tarted up Chinese one with a ceramic blade and zero gapped.

Caporegime
Same with sofas. 16 weeks or so for a bit of MDF/Cheap stripwood nailed together with some material stretched over it!

Just been told the bed I ordered in July and was supposed to be delivered next week now is going to be delayed by a minimum of 3 weeks.

The mattresses and headboard were delivered many weeks ago. They couldn't guarantee it will be delivered in October when I replied so god knows when it will come. Another place is saying delivery within 20 working days but is £90 more expensive than the current order.

Soldato
@Cyclone Do you reckon in 100 years time people will be haggling over them on celebrity tat hunt or taking them to be repaired so they can show their grand children? Cos I guess they fill the same niche as deco statues or other objets tat just more modern.

I buy them because I like the look of them.

Ha, I've posted a couple myself in the past, sorry. Where do you get them? Pop in the Box is good.

I got mine from Amazon. I'll check out that site, ta :)

Soldato
Not a barber, i cut my hair as short as possible without wet shaving and like trying out different ones, these are cheaper than the ones you mentioned.

Is it any good? I need one with a guard that doesn't chop chunks out of my scalp if I get the angle slightly wring.

Soldato
Got our first puppy- parents have had them before. Also gotnumerous toys, food, grooming kit etc but he is the main event :D

He managed to not poop all over my car on the 7 hour trip home which was rather impressive!

PytQMco.jpg

iqlpNZD.jpg

pYAlSf5.jpg

Soldato

What's the reason behind not wet shaving out of interest?

I found wet shaving a revelation. So nice to be able to pack just a razor and not worry about hair clippers.

Soldato
I've never tried it, can't look much more severe than it is now, i may do it just so i don't have to cut it so often.

Ah cool. I put it off for years thinking it would rip my head apart but I actually get less cuts now.

The only issue I find is that the shorter I shave it, the more often I want to shave it as even short stubble starts feeling too long!

Back
Top Bottom