• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
  1. No UK RMA centre anymore (set one up 5ish years ago stating they loved UK customers, then closed it in few years later)
  2. Have to pay for shipping to Germany RMA centre (not much diff from other AIBs though, but more costly to send to EU)
  3. No UK customer support staff
  4. Binned their UK social media team (prob went in hand with the above)
  5. Gibbo also said last week EVGA are less proactive in the UK so they have to rely on distribution these days, which makes me think their cards will be hard to get hold of and be stock issues
I don't doubt they produce good cards and offer a good service still.

But the lack of UK attention really is frustrating and middle finger to us Brits imo.
Which board vendor would you recommend instead?

rn2

rn2

Associate
You see I dont see why it wont be an even bigger issue with the AIb cards then?

I disagree. The FE cards seem more of an issue for this in my opinion due to fan setup. The old designs never poised an issue as the new design might. Like I said before the FE design pushes most of the gear directly in front of the tower cooler at quite a speed too.

Associate
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I can't keep up with all the posts. - I notice that today, MSI have added a boost clock speed to their 3080 Gaming X Specs: 1815Mhz!

Soldato
Caporegime
Associate
oh it has given me one too, what is the deal with this?

Wise guys and overclockers seems a strange combination.

Whilst looking in the past on this site I thought it was the same bunch of guys, who fancied themselves as some sort of geek mafia!

Realise now it was everyone and anyone who posted?

Is it just me who finds this bizarre?

No, dont find it bizarre at all. What i find bizarre is the fact you're so concerned with the avatars and the fact this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Permabanned
Wonder why BestBuy sold the 2000 FE and apparently may do so for 3000 FE, must have gotten a deal from Nvidia.

I have bought from Nvidia before but it is always in the back of my mind how would a RMA go with Digital River.

Associate
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I can't keep up with all the posts. - I notice that today, MSI have added a boost clock speed to their 3080 Gaming X Specs: 1815Mhz!

Do we yet have any indications of what these cards will actually boost to?

I think my EVGA 2080 ti xc boost clock was rated at 1635 MHz, naturally boosted to about 1950 or 2000, and OC'd rock solid at 2100 and was voltage or power limited there.

So wondering if these new ones will OC 500 over rated boosts, too?

Permabanned
1900-2000mhz easy on mostly all cards unless a duffer and 2100mhz if you get good one, same as 1000-2000 series, I do not think its changed that much and not going to be 2500mhz like early leaks suggested.

And that was with limited power due to bios locks.

Soldato
Do we yet have any indications of what these cards will actually boost to?

I think my EVGA 2080 ti xc boost clock was rated at 1635 MHz, naturally boosted to about 1950 or 2000, and OC'd rock solid at 2100 and was voltage or power limited there.

So wondering if these new ones will OC 500 over rated boosts, too?

When it's at over 300W stock... I really wouldn't be expecting 25% overclocks...

Back
Top Bottom