Is it just me or is finding a comfy chair impossible?

Soldato
its not just you OP. I have tried dozens of chairs in showrooms and have yet to find one which I'd say was perfect! Of all the ones I tried I found Himola to be the best. But they ain't cheap and still weren't perfect...

Soldato
OP
its not just you OP. I have tried dozens of chairs in showrooms and have yet to find one which I'd say was perfect! Of all the ones I tried I found Himola to be the best. But they ain't cheap and still weren't perfect...

I just want a comfy chair that I can recline in and play games with too man, why is it so hard?

Soldato
OP
Loving my Noblechairs Hero Black Edition

I'm nowhere near tall enough for that chair, and Noblechairs don't want to add in the built in lumbar support to their ICON so there's no point in me even giving gamer chairs a second thought again.

Which is annoying because they seem to be the only kind that gets a proper recline.

Soldato
If you find fully adjustable high end chairs from the likes of HM uncomfortable, the chances are that you haven't adjusted the chair properly or you don't sit correctly, which could be caused by a number of issues. This is different from finding only partially adjustable chairs uncomfortable.

Soldato
OP
I partly blame the caster wheels, i reckon the holy grail lies elsewhere.

I reckon the holy grail for me is probably just a well padded executive chair that uses good foam that won't flatten instantly and leather that won't crack in a year, while also having a nice recline that's lockable.

What I find interesting is all the actual 24/7 rated chairs are padded to hell and back compared to the 8 hour rated ergo chairs.

Associate
Caporegime
Well the Markus is causing you issues and it's a standard chair. You will need the right ergonomic chair with a proper assessment by a professional.

Try a kneeling chair it's where you have zero back. Or try a yoga ball.

Will take 3-4 weeks to adjust to it but after that plain sailing.
I had a kneeling chair years ago. One of the marketing claims was that it made it "impossible to slouch". Which turned out to be nonsense, I spent most of my time in that "chair" slouched to all hell :p

I currently use a 2nd hand HM Aero and... it's not all that comfortable. And I get back pain, still.

I think a good chair is probably impossible to find for some of us awkward buggers.

I just want a comfy chair that I can recline in and play games with too man, why is it so hard?
Part of it is that we sit down waaaaaaay too much, depending on job. I'm sat down all bleddy day :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

So unfortunately, Noblechairs say that those shorter lifts are meant for the EPIC and ICON, not the HERO, which is designed for people who are way above average size!

I had a kneeling chair years ago. One of the marketing claims was that it made it "impossible to slouch". Which turned out to be nonsense, I spent most of my time in that "chair" slouched to all hell :p

I currently use a 2nd hand HM Aero and... it's not all that comfortable. And I get back pain, still.

I think a good chair is probably impossible to find for some of us awkward buggers.

Part of it is that we sit down waaaaaaay too much, depending on job. I'm sat down all bleddy day :(

I think a part of is it that office chairs are just that - task chairs. At least, the expensive ones everyone and their mom raves about. They're meant for upright working in a regular 8-hour office day so that a business can avoid health liabilities. They're not designed at all for the lounging and reclining that we want to do at home. Some chairs, like the Steelcase lot, do let you do that, but since their headrests are all crap and no decent aftermarket kind exist we're buggered there.

Soldato
It's definitely hard when it comes to finding a comfy chair, What is a shame is there's just a lack of places to actually be able to try them out before you buy,But i find this pretty much with everything in the UK now you literally can't try stuff out in a store 9/10 before you buy :( (well not around my area anyway)

Soldato
OP
It's definitely hard when it comes to finding a comfy chair, What is a shame is there's just a lack of places to actually be able to try them out before you buy,But i find this pretty much with everything in the UK now you literally can't try stuff out in a store 9/10 before you buy :( (well not around my area anyway)

Even worse way up in the sticks. If only disassembly wasn't such a pain in the arse and requiring a hammer.

Associate
I feel your pain I'm in the same situation at the moment, it's so bad I'm considering getting a comfy armchair and strapping a pair of wheels to it.

Soldato
OP
I feel your pain I'm in the same situation at the moment, it's so bad I'm considering getting a comfy armchair and strapping a pair of wheels to it.

I would do that too, but too bad they're so big for desk usage. And you don't get the infamous Lazyboy chairs in the UK either.

I did remember what my old fibre chair was called though, was the Staples Conrad. Seems the chairs Staples carry now are all crap, nothing like the Kashmir and Conrad seems to exist anymore.

Comfy is dead. My ass is sad.

Back
Top Bottom