• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
he spams videos and in an attempt that something sticks it from the last time i watched anything he put out.

I'm halfway through watching, he's one of these really annoying people who deliberately drag their videos out way longer than they need to be by speaking slowly, repeating the same thing over and over again, rambling in-between, digressing all over the place....

Everything he said could have been done in under 5 minutes but 30 minutes is better for the Youtube ranking algorithm.

Soldato
His voice is incredibly annoying, so thanks for that breakdown. It all sounds a bit too good to be true, but if the numbers being touted are even someway close to being right, it'll be an interesting few weeks!

Soldato
I'll second that. I watched one of his leak vids the other day & it wasn't easy going.

His presentation isn't the best, poor microphone, bad lighting etc. but at least he's a change from the plethora of US based channels. I can't wait for the head to head reviews, it's starting to look promising for consumers.

Soldato
So what are we leaning towards chaps, AIB or FE? Normally I'm straight on the AIB train but the FE fan design has me very intrigued, although some people say that it will dump hot air over the CPU I still think it might be a more efficient way to expel the hotter air out of the case more rapidly, like others have mentioned with an AIB dumping 320 watts into your case I'm not sure that is going to any better?

Are you talking about Ampere? I think you're in the wrong thread :p

Soldato
That seems like extremely weak reasoning to not only ignore someone, but to then tell other people to ignore him too :D

If it was nVidia being 5000% better you'd believe it though ;)
I'll be honest though, his conclusions are not that far off where I've seen a lot of supposed leaks putting big navi.. Maybe a little optimistic but I don't think it's gonna be that far out.

Some of the Nvidia fans just get irate and upset when someone suggests AMD may release a killer product. His video seems to suggest we will have a nice choice of gpu's this fall which is good news for competition and the consumers. I hope he is at least half right.

Soldato
Some of the Nvidia fans just get irate and upset when someone suggests AMD may release a killer product. His video seems to suggest we will have a nice choice of gpu's this fall which is good news for competition and the consumers. I hope he is at least half right.
Most of them seem worried that it's going to be really good and are staying quiet but they will soon be out the woodwork to say how they knew all along if it turn outs to be a disappointment.

Soldato
Two bits of good news for Nvidia fans if it's correct though, it forces a 3080 Ti release and probably knocks hundreds off the 3090 price. They won't be able to justify £1500 if its within a few percent of an RX6900 or a 3080Ti.

Associate
Two bits of good news for Nvidia fans if it's correct though, it forces a 3080 Ti release and probably knocks hundreds off the 3090 price. They won't be able to justify £1500 if its within a few percent of an RX6900 or a 3080Ti.

I can see it bringing the 3080ti out and maybe lowering the price of the 3080 and 3070 but I don’t see them dropping the 3090 at all

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

I doubt this. The best nvidia could do recently was when AMD released the 5600XT they insta-dropped the 2060 price by £50. This was countered by BIOS updates to make the cards faster, the rest of the RTX lineup hasn't really budged much.

AMD would seriously have to undercut the equivalent nvidia stack to cause a significant price drop, or they would have to be on par in performance or better to cause that kind of disruption. I think it is more down to arrogance and mindshare, I have lost count even on these forums when a guy asks for 'which card shall I upgrade to'; people advise the AMD for reasons, only for the poster to say 'I will go with the nvidia as <insert half baked reason + my friends wont speak to me> closure.

Associate
I doubt this. The best nvidia could do recently was when AMD released the 5600XT they insta-dropped the 2060 price by £50. This was countered by BIOS updates to make the cards faster, the rest of the RTX lineup hasn't really budged much.

AMD would seriously have to undercut the equivalent nvidia stack to cause a significant price drop, or they would have to be on par in performance or better to cause that kind of disruption. I think it is more down to arrogance and mindshare, I have lost count even on these forums when a guy asks for 'which card shall I upgrade to'; people advise the AMD for reasons, only for the poster to say 'I will go with the nvidia as <insert half baked reason + my friends wont speak to me> closure.

The Nvidia killer cards are coming and its nothing the fans of Nvidia can do than scream in their beds dreaming nightmares again and again.

Oh and I am so buying Big Doggy Navi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom