Best 140mm fans for radiator.

Associate

Yeah so same as what we've been saying. So basically its luck of the draw if your over or under by a large/small amount, and crappy fans are likely to be so.

I'm still convinced something else is up though... I don't believe in coincidence, and Phanteks aren't crappy. The other one also runs at 1356rpm - the *6*rpm deviation id expect on a quality *1350rpm* fan. Need to contact Phanteks soon anyway, thanks.

Associate
To continue on from this thread if anyone comes across it, my experience with the mag lev was sending them back after 30mins of testing - both units inhibited a rather loud whine when anything was behind them...
1-the rear of case grille
and also
2-a thick h80i rad... about twice as thick as regular rads IIRC.

Noise was unbearable at 1500-2000rpm, but not bad when in free air. Much quieter than the nzxt fx140 that came with a kraken x61, but only in free air.

My fav air fans have always been coolink swif2 fans. move shed tonnes of air and only can hear the air... but they dont do 14cm unfortunately.

Cheapos arctic f2's all day long

Best 14cms ive had are these phanteks ph-f140mp, but not sure id recommend a fan with over 15 percent deviance in rpm.

Soldato
To continue on from this thread if anyone comes across it, my experience with the mag lev was sending them back after 30mins of testing - both units inhibited a rather loud whine when anything was behind them...
1-the rear of case grille
and also
2-a thick h80i rad... about twice as thick as regular rads IIRC.

Noise was unbearable at 1500-2000rpm, but not bad when in free air. Much quieter than the nzxt fx140 that came with a kraken x61, but only in free air.

My fav air fans have always been coolink swif2 fans. move shed tonnes of air and only can hear the air... but they dont do 14cm unfortunately.

Cheapos arctic f2's all day long

Best 14cms ive had are these phanteks ph-f140mp, but not sure id recommend a fan with over 15 percent deviance in rpm.
Easiest way to tell the difference is if they are PWM they PH-f140MMP, and if they are 3-pin variable voltage they are case fans.

Permabanned
Can't go wrong wthe the corsair ml fans I have 5 in my phantek evolv x.

I have some of the ML PRO. Thing is they have a very wide range of operation, from 400rpm all the way up to 2000rpm for the 14cm ( 2400rpm for the 12cm ). So you need to control them well or they can get over-the-top. I find with all fans there is a practical limit of around 1500rpm for me. Anything above that is just too noisy. So while I agree they are a good fan, I also think they need to be kept away from that 2000rpm limit. They are, though, excellent pressure fans. Very good when used with radiators. Normally they don't need to be used anything like full speed to do the job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom