Best warm hatch?

Soldato
Would be the civic 1.5 180 for me pending a test drive, they've been around since 2017 so should be a few used approved examples out there. would love one myself but I'm stuck with estates for the foreseeable

Associate
OP
Could you not just extend the warranty? Never been in the position do so personally, but I know other marques will extend for a cost (obviously)
I have thought about this. I enquired with the dealer some time ago, they said that alfa would contact me to offer this is due course. Id then need a loan to pay off the remaining, which is fine, but to get it low enough per month to where i want to be, it wiuld be iver quite a long period. I havent ruled it out though.

Neither of my cars have a warranty. The cost to fix stuff is a lot cheaper than depreciation on a new car. Unless you buy an AMG Merc or something, which will be all expensive electrical issues.
Yeah i get that, and i agree. Im 41 now now, and this is the only car ive ever had with warranty. Its also the only car ive ever had that was more that 9 grand.

For me, im happy having a car with no warranty, if its worth, say 7 grand. If i end up in a catastrophic failure situation, i could sell it for bits and deal with the loss reasonably. Though i get that its a pretty unlikely scenario.

A car that meets the conditions for work, ie less than 5 years old, that i want to drive, doesnt fall into that category. Realistically, it would be 3 years old max, probably 2, otherwise id be changing it too often.

Ive got enough on my plate without worrying about a 18 grand car with no warranty. I could do without the stress. If my situation was different though, id be all over it.

A 2 year old car with a 5 year warranty. Would work as i could keep it for 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I saw that. It seems that almost everyone goes for the n performance over the regular n, which adds more power, but a whole bunch of options that makes more sense financially. I know full well if i choose the regular n, ill fold and go for the n performance :)

The fiesta st was my first choice actually, along with the hyundai i20 n that was supposed to be out this yeah. My boss has deemed it too small though unfortunately.

I like a firm ride, how do bigger wheels make that worse? In my opinion, there is an ideal size. Focus size, 18 is fine, maybe 19 if the car deals with it well.

Ill check out the megane though

Thanks for that. Im looking to get a three year deal, with the warranty covering all of it. So new really, unless maybe a year old car with a 5 year warranty.

They dont do that focus any more, theyve dropped it in favour of a 1 litre with a little electric motor to help out.

Itll be cheaper to keep the alfa, which is a 2018 car than get the others civic and bmw and ford all have three year warranty yeah?

That would be ideal

Ive seen that. Its the same engine as in the kia gt i was looking at. The proceed is more interesting than the ceed gt. Im not sold on the shape, id need to see it in the flesh. I dont really need the extra boot space either. Will definitely check it out though

thanks for the replies guys

The i20 is a full size hatch basically so it's quite a large car you are looking for if that's too small.

Associate
What about an astra k 1.6 turbo, if you can find a 2016-2018 model it has a 0-60 time of 6.6sec makes it slightly quicker than the old fiesta st, comfy and decent size and can be had quite cheap with decent miles.

Caporegime
ah ! I thought they made a proper AMG one, sorry

The A35 and A45 are the AMG ones, the A180 is the lowly 1.3 litre with 134HP, or a 1.5 litre diesel with a paltry 109HP!

It is available in an AMG-Line trim level. Which takes some styling inspiration from AMG models, to make it look undeservedly sporty. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom