• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
another day,
another price increase :)
as i sad by 17th all prices will be above 700 due to resellers greed :)

see attached
Przechwytywanie.jpg

Prob blame it on Dollar Vs pound ! Technically it should increase after first round of pre-orders are afterwards as demand has been shown .

Vendors margins prices aren't high... Can see why if resellers able to sell at higher prices. No wonder why some sell direct like evag that undercut OCUK when Pascal launched haha

Associate
Shameless some of these companies. Let’s see if Zotac will end up increasing prices. I think I will probably just go FE in the end. I am not paying more than £649. Taking the piscuit.
same here, first , after announcement price of 649 was sooo good i said im deffo getting it at the launch on 17th, then ocuk announced the prices and then started to upping them, and now im thinking theres no point getting it at very launch, way too much greed in it, they know ppl want it so badly so prices going up way too much,
will try to get FE tho..
zotac trinity eagle oc, tuf for 649 were a good deals imo, but now i dont think they are,
"S"owhere else probably lower prices, and out of the"BOX" still can get lower ones too FOR NOW... still 5 days to go so as i said before not a single one below 700! , surprised that PALIT has gone up so badly, 700 for low of the lowest end ? :o

Caporegime
"people startbanging on" "complaining" Not really. I'd say they were people's thoughts and opinions, it happens in life unfortuantely even if you don't agree with them.

I don't know what you mean by AIB board. I assumed that all of the non fes were all equal blower fans. I don't understand why they would be any different from that if all they have to do is blow air on the gpu like in the past.

The other cards don't have fans directly exhausting from the gpu like a chimney unlike the fe design.

I saw somewhere that the heat dumped from the fe card in front of the cpu and ram sticks is being dumped slowly due to the lower fan speed. (I use the word dumped as the regular gpus don't tend to dump the heat in one place as the heat tends to be distributed evenly instead of mostly infront of the cpu cooler and over ram sticks). The bottom line is that I personally am not a fan of the fe cards for the above reasons although they do look cool :)

This would be the third time I have explained this now and it seems to be falling of deaf ears and for those reasons I have to unfortunately block you.

all AIB boards have fans exhausting from the house like a chimney, the same as the fe, only the fe has one fan which expels from the case as well With the AIB the other two fans are just spreading all the rest of the heat into your case to go on top of the same fan as the fe blowing straight through.

I am sorry you are blocking me, I am just trying to explain but you seem obsessed with being critical of the FE yet ignoring the same failings on every AIB board and I knew exactly what you meant and I agree it might be an issue but if it is, it’s an issue will all AIB boards as well

I am giving up trying to explain to you

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
I'm not going for the FE as I don't like the connector placement at all. It's the first thing you'll see and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Not really bothered whether I pay £650 or £700 for an AIB 3080 either, but I'm not spending anymore than that.

Soldato
I'm not going for the FE as I don't like the connector placement at all. It's the first thing you'll see and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Not really bothered whether I pay £650 or £700 for an AIB 3080 either, but I'm not spending anymore than that.

Agree. What was nvidia thinking on the connector right in the middle? It's like there were in a hurry to get the shroud done and couldn't be bothered. I would wait for them to fix that before I would buy. It couldn't be that much hardship to move it over to the right like normal? Lazy greed I guess

Soldato
Agree. What was nvidia thinking on the connector right in the middle? It's like there were in a hurry to get the shroud done and couldn't be bothered. I would wait for them to fix that before I would buy. It couldn't be that much hardship to move it over to the right like normal? Lazy greed I guess

Well, it's in the middle because that's where the PCB ends... They could probably have thought of a solution to get it to the end, but the effort for the 4 people who'd actually care isn't really worth it I guess.

Soldato
Well, it's in the middle because that's where the PCB ends... They could probably have thought of a solution to get it to the end, but the effort for the 4 people who'd actually care isn't really worth it I guess.

Yes I know the pcb ends in the middle, but it's couldn't be that hard to do it. The led light shroud light is on the right. I'm sure they could've figured out something? They're just thinking giving me money first before anything else. Greed is all powerful

Soldato
Yes I know the pcb ends in the middle, but it's couldn't be that hard to do it. The led light shroud light is on the right. I'm sure they could've figured out something? They're just thinking giving me money first before anything else. Greed is all powerful

Ya, but an LED pulling 0.01W (or whatever tiny amount) is a lot easier/safer to separate from the PCB ... I wouldn't want 2x8pin or 1x12pin 350-500W input separated from the PCB/power distro, but I'm pretty unknowledgeable on how much effect that would have - but on the face of it at least, seems like a bad idea without some unnecessary expenditure/engineering. I'm happy to be corrected by anyone with stronger component design knowledge than me though :p

smr

smr

Soldato

Well yeah if it's only 4 people in the world who have a window case :D

Soldato
I don't mind to be honest. Just looked at my 2080 and the connectors are at the end. I really don't care for aesthetics tho. Middle or end, I don't care :). Would be a little better if placed horizontally than vertically at least

Associate
All the main PSU manufacturers look to be making 12 pin cables for their modular products, which splits at the PSU end into 2 PCI-E connectors, much tidier. So I’m not overly concerned by it :)
Hopefully Corsair do one for the rmx750! Am sure they will with it being fully modular. That 12 pin adaptor looks a shocker though!!

Back
Top Bottom