• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
GF got stung by Playstation Now. Convinced her to give it a try since Control was on it. She purchased it for 2 months and ended up buying the two Control DLC. Within a week of the AWE expansion for Control. They removed the game from Playstation Now. So she was looking at stumping up £40 for the digital copy of Control to continue playing the DLC. I got her a copy from Amazon for £20 but yea it absolutely sucks. What is even worse is, I haven't told her she won't be able to play Control on her Playstation 5 because she they just released that enhanced edition. :|

With due respect, PlayStation Now says on the front page banners how long a game is going to be available on the service if it's a special addition and not a long term title. e.g. Resident Evil VII is only until 30th November, Hitman 2 is until February 2021. Control said August 2020.

Soldato
I mean you can hardly blame PS Now for pulling the game when it clearly states that they will and, as above, when they will. Buying DLC for a game that you only have temporary access to is, well, not the smartest move. No offence.

Soldato
COD Cold War trailer for multiplayer just dropped stated captured on PS5 then also said November 13th for release!? Possible release date for PS5 that they let slip?

It also said beta is in October which would have to be for current gen

Edit perhaps ignore above my phone just notified me but checked trailer time and said uploaded 23hrs ago, long delay on my phone then ha

Soldato
COD Cold War trailer for multiplayer just dropped stated captured on PS5 then also said November 13th for release!? Possible release date for PS5 that they let slip?

It also said beta is in October which would have to be for current gen

Edit perhaps ignore above my phone just notified me but checked trailer time and said uploaded 23hrs ago, long delay on my phone then ha

13th Nov is the PS4 version only.

Associate
Sony’s chance has come and passed
The hype can never last
Wake me up when September ends
Like my xbox came to pass
Seven years has gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends

Soldato
PS5 has to be a November launch surely? I'd of thought so unless there going to go totally mental with marketing and weekly announcements October on wards they seem too happy imo to let Microsoft build up all the hype.

Soldato
With due respect, PlayStation Now says on the front page banners how long a game is going to be available on the service if it's a special addition and not a long term title. e.g. Resident Evil VII is only until 30th November, Hitman 2 is until February 2021. Control said August 2020.

Not sure how we missed it. It was advertised on the PS4 menu. We had a look at the games on ps4 now store. Saw control, decided yea ok, give the trial a go. At no time did we see the warning about the expiration of the game in Aug 2020. Also no warning when purchasing the DLC. Pretty disappointing.

Soldato
Sony's communication is annoying. But maybe the main reason they were holding back was to see Microsoft blink first. Remember its 2 on 1 with Sony going against the Xbox and PC markets.

The good thing is that if the release date is November then they can blast the marketing for the final stretch.

Soldato
The thing is, Sony have to compete or beat the Xbox S/X price/performance ratio IMO. As far as I know they only have the Digital and Disc editions, no "weaker and stronger" like Xbox has now.

That made sense in my head.

Back
Top Bottom