• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

TrM

TrM

Associate
Since I don't know your location just try it now with any product and go through the checkout process up until paying. Most places allow you to ship to a different address than the cardholder, don't they?

What's with the underlining?

it be coming more the standard that first orders especially for high value goods that first order has to go to the regerested address of the card for security. Then they normally open up to other addresses
Hi there,

Have you ordered from NVIDIA website in the past? I have one concern, address on my card will be different to the one where i live now, therefore shipping address will not be the same as address linked to the card, is NVIDIA going to block/decline the transaction in this scenario?

Many thanks

they accept PayPal as payment you can use that with a differnt address as long as it’s registered. Same as overclockers I use that method myself when I sent to other addresses for bday preasents etc

Soldato
Some information I managed to dig up for tems/noise on the FE, admittedly Nvidia provided the info, so a pinch of salt may be required ;)

In terms of cooler noise and performance, the GeForce RTX 3080 operates at a peak temperature of 78C when hitting its peak TBP of 320W with a noise output of just 30dBA. For comparison, the Turing Founders Edition coolers peak out at 81C with a noise output of 32dBA when hitting their TBP of 240W (RTX 2080 SUPER). In NVIDIA's own testing, they reveal that the GeForce RTX 3080 averages at around 1920 MHz with a GPU power draw of 310W and a peak temperature of 76C.

Full page: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-series-ampere-graphics-cards-deep-dive/

Considering the 2080 Super (GB windforce 3 OC) I briefly had didn't get above 68 even overclocked on furmark that doesn't sound promising ....

Associate
Some information I managed to dig up for tems/noise on the FE, admittedly Nvidia provided the info, so a pinch of salt may be required ;)

In terms of cooler noise and performance, the GeForce RTX 3080 operates at a peak temperature of 78C when hitting its peak TBP of 320W with a noise output of just 30dBA. For comparison, the Turing Founders Edition coolers peak out at 81C with a noise output of 32dBA when hitting their TBP of 240W (RTX 2080 SUPER). In NVIDIA's own testing, they reveal that the GeForce RTX 3080 averages at around 1920 MHz with a GPU power draw of 310W and a peak temperature of 76C.

Full page: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-series-ampere-graphics-cards-deep-dive/

Considering the 2080 Super (GB windforce 3 OC) I briefly had didn't get above 68 even overclocked on furmark that doesn't sound promising ....

I don't know, an average of 1920Mhz sounds fair!

Soldato
Yes I know the pcb ends in the middle, but it's couldn't be that hard to do it. The led light shroud light is on the right. I'm sure they could've figured out something? They're just thinking giving me money first before anything else. Greed is all powerful
I guess I am in a minority but so long as it cools properly I don't care what it looks like. Hopefully everyone feels like you do and boycotts the FE so I can get one

It will be the 1st upgrade NOT bought from ocuk in donkeys..... I will be getting my Zen 3 from here I imagine tho. Fingers crossed for a nice black Friday 32GB bundle ;)

Soldato
I guess I am in a minority but so long as it cools properly I don't care what it looks like. Hopefully everyone feels like you do and boycotts the FE so I can get one

It will be the 1st upgrade NOT bought from ocuk in donkeys..... I will be getting my Zen 3 from here I imagine tho. Fingers crossed for a nice black Friday 32GB bundle ;)

I hope you get one too. If I do upgrade I'll wait for 3080Ti with more vram.

Soldato
The second best approach is to just go ahead and do it anyway. As long as you don't physically damage anything, no one will ever know.
Don't think that will work as my Asus ROG Strix 2080ti had "warranty void" stickers on top of the cooler screws which would have been just about impossible to remove without breaking the stickers.

Soldato
Yes I know the pcb ends in the middle, but it's couldn't be that hard to do it. The led light shroud light is on the right. I'm sure they could've figured out something? They're just thinking giving me money first before anything else. Greed is all powerful
Putting the power connector elsewhere would have required using an extension, which is what they did with the RTX 2060 FE and created a card that was an absolute nightmare to disassemble in the process (making any sort of maintenance extremely difficult). Between that and having the power connector in an awkward position, the latter is definetly the lesser of two evils.

Soldato
Have now dude thanks for that! They going to do anything for the 3 x 8 pin cables on some 3080s anything been said?

I doubt it, there isn't a need for a 'solution' with 3x 8pins really... You would just use 2x PCI-E cables that split into 2x 8pins, which gives you 4x 8pins. You'd just have 1 spare 8pin loose lol

There may be some custom ones made hanging around somewhere on the interwebs. Not seen them myself though

Associate
I doubt it, there isn't a need for a 'solution' with 3x 8pins really... You would just use 2x PCI-E cables that split into 2x 8pins, which gives you 4x 8pins. You'd just have 1 spare 8pin loose lol

There may be some custom ones made hanging around somewhere on the interwebs. Not seen them myself though

Hmm I’ll have to have a look because I’m sure I only have 1 8 pin cable spare if any

Associate
For those that have been asking about what time on the 17th the FE cards will be available, its looking like it'll be at 2pm as it is here for the AIB cards as Nvidia is looking for exactly the same launch time worldwide, so that's a lot of people all hammering their F5 keys like demented maniacs at the same time round the globe.

Soldato
For those that have been asking about what time on the 17th the FE cards will be available, its looking like it'll be at 2pm as it is here for the AIB cards as Nvidia is looking for exactly the same launch time worldwide, so that's a lot of people all hammering their F5 keys like demented maniacs at the same time round the globe.

AH thanks was wondering if it was a unified time

Back
Top Bottom