The last game you completed, and rating.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Finally completed WH40k: Space Marine. Started in 2014, and completed it earlier this year. Admittedly I struggled with the controls at first so left it, but got back into it and it's actually a pretty good game. I'd say it's an 8/10.

Also completed Evil Within 2, another game I enjoyed a lot and one of the few that I've played through to completion over a few days. 9/10.

Associate
Space Haven.

Worth mentioning, "completing" isn't mandatory, you can continue exploration indefinitely or so long as your resources can support yourself so its more a review on the state of it

It is early access, but functionally one of the best releases I have seen in a few years, has fairly regular updates, an active discord, even an unofficial modding community accommodated there.

Think Spacebase DF9 done right... if you already own the likes of Rimworld, I'd be very surprised if you had not heard space haven mentioned (or recommended by steam etc) in fact, I would go so far as to say, you may well already have this game queued in your library if you own the former already.

Thoroughly enjoyable, some funny mechanics there is tons of video out there. It is easier to just go check those out (plenty of regular content creators) to get a feel for what its about.

Not a huge dev team but still adding content to it regularly (monthly more or less) and seem pretty OCD about new releases being stable. (theres an opt-in program to test etc)

Soundtrack (Paul Zimmerman) is wonderfully done.. opening is a masterpiece and a brief respite from the sort of shenanigans you are about to see go on :D

Whats not to like about fighting a pirate ship, winning the engagement, taking the prisoners hostage, and then feeding the combatants that didn't make it, to said prisoners :)

At worst, pick it up if you see it in a special. I paid about a tenner for it when I picked it up and that seemed a real bargain 100 ish hours in. Plus I know I can take a step back and play other things, and there will be new content to try out (load of space hazards were added in the last month)

8/10 would crap pants again

Last edited:
Soldato
Doom Eternal 5/10

I initial really liked this and was nearing an 8 however after first few hours the ammo system just annoyed me, started to really dislike it.

The jumping platforming parts were also just out of place and had no reason to be in there at all.

It's level design felt at times it was stretched out for sake of adding time

Over all just not as good as Doom from 2016

I haven't touched multiplayer but I have no intention to

Associate
Horizon: Zero Dawn... again ;)
9/10

Completed my second play through and considering a third with NG+ on ultra difficulty this time around. Wonderful game with a fantastic setting and impact full story. The game continues to run smoothly and with the new patch now runs even better. There are some beautiful screenshots on the screenshot thread which i recommend you check out.

I'm very excited to see what they do with Forbidden West.

Associate
Star Wars-Jedi fallen order.
7/10
The graphics are pretty nice and I enjoyed the story. The controls can be quite frustrating though. Also found my self going in circles and backtracking quite allot.

Associate
Horizon zero dawn - 6/10, great graphics and world/design but very basic console gameplay. Mack from worth a buy pretty much summed it up in his review.

Wasteland 3 - 9/10, great crpg was hooked after the first couple of hours and getting to grips with the attributes/skills/perks, last crpg I played I think was shadowrun dragonfall/Hong kong a couple years ago. Good story, decent graphics, fun turn based combat, some optimization issues but nothing that hampered my experience.

I haz 4090!
Don
Silent Hill 2. 9/10. How I've got to this stage of life as a horror game fan and never got through this before, I'll never know. I did try to get in to it when it was released, but the first part bored me and I always put it down. It's brilliant when you get to the meat of it.

Resident Evil VII. Finally, it clicked and I really enjoyed it. Just a tad lower score than Resident Evil 5 for me, 8.5/10. Now I am excited for Resident Evil Village.

You have RE5 as 9/10? :eek:

Associate
Silent hill 2 got ditched once I had to lift a heavy trap door with wax and a horse shoe!!!! I spent hours running around and was pretty disgusted when I figured that was the solution

Last edited:
Soldato
Subnautica finally!

Such an amazing game and felt a tad sad at the end after god knows how many hours exploring .
10/10

This is another one of those games that gets rave reviews and I'm like, really? I must be missing something, which frustrates me because I want to enjoy what has got to be a great game.

I just can't get past the opening part where you're in the little sub and there's a damaged boat, I'm like.. this is it?

I need to watch a YouTube walkthrough or something, so many people can't be wrong! :)

Soldato
Yeah I never thought I would like it but give it an hour and that's it you are hooked,music,the environment everything works really well.

One of the best games I've played,want to get the second but not sure it will reach the same heights.

Back
Top Bottom