27" ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ Gaming Monitor

Associate
Hello , could you tell me if this monitor, 27" ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ Gaming Monitor, has freesync support , i noticed in the TFT central review is says it does but retailers don't mention it ! only G - Sync

Man of Honour
:)

It’s adaptive sync compatible so supports FreeSync yes. A lot of manuf don’t always mention FreeSync and instead focus on the Gsync support oddly

Soldato
A lot of manuf don’t always mention FreeSync and instead focus on the Gsync support oddly
Probably caused by some behind the curtains payolas.
I mean Nvidia's practises make Intel look almost grey knight instead of black and Asus has been heavily "in same bed".

BTW, any idea if we might finally see some actual advance in monitors with proper range of high refresh rate 4K monitors in more range of sizes and with true local dimming using FALD?
These edge lightning HDRs are just scams doing nothing (or about as much as arc furnace high brightness values) to actual problems of LCD:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/ihvfyd/the_lg_27gn950_is_awesome_but_hdr_600_is_pretty/

Or will it be more wait for another round of paper announcements around CES time for models, which won't actually come available for another year?
At this rate they're going to start competing in delay lengths with Olkiluoto 3 nuclear plant, whose original going online date hardly anyone remembers anymore...
(except that soon building might be old enough to need overhaul/renovation...)

Back
Top Bottom