• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
There wont be many people sinking £500 on both a console then another £650 for a GPU in November

Perhaps not this year but the console and GPU cycle is over several years. Not sure if that was in response to me but surely a PC gamer who buys a console at launch this year may still end up upgrading their GPU next year depending on performance and the lure of shiny new toys?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Perhaps not this year but the console and GPU cycle is over several years. Not sure if that was in response to me but surely a PC gamer who buys a console at launch this year may still end up upgrading their GPU next year depending on performance and the lure of shiny new toys?

If you read the post literally, you will see the words in November which means shelling out in the same month not either product 'next year' following.

Associate
If you read the post literally, you will see the words in November which means shelling out in the same month not either product 'next year' following.

Ok, but my point still stands. Even if they aren't shelling out for both in November does it really matter if they will shell out for both eventually? It's not like a product with a 2+ year lifespan will succeed or fail in the first month.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Ok, but my point still stands. Even if they aren't shelling out for both in November does it really matter if they will shell out for both eventually? It's not like a product with a 2+ year lifespan will succeed or fail in the first month.

No its highly likely people will accumulate tech - I got a PS4 a while back after picking up a vega. Now Im reading this statement Im not following what your angle is - I never said eventually? My post was directly after @Sargatanas2511 regarding NDA and consoles launching at the same time. My point being, the console mainstream buyers wont necessarily give a monkeys what the PC components are doing as they will be gaming flat out on their new toy. Its going to be a small portion of people that come November will buy both a PS5 AND a 3070 for example (that will be £1000+ spent). :S

Soldato
Can't see GPUlet TBH, the Block Diagram has a "Fabric" between the Shaders and IMC/IO so certainly an external IMC/IO die like Zen 2 is a good educated guess and that's the sort of thing where give that they have proven it in Zen 2 AMD themselves have said splitting the Shaders up into chiplets presents some very difficult challenges, so they have looked at it and i'm sure they are putting R&D into it, i just can't see it this generation.

It's exactly the same Interconnect as Vega nothing to do with Mcm i'm afraid.

Associate
Just wondering.

If RDNA2 is pretty much 3080 raster perf territory but worse than 2080ti raytracing perf, while also missing certain features like a DLSS equivalent but at 50-100 euros cheaper... will you guys still consider it a good option?

Soldato
Just wondering.

If RDNA2 is pretty much 3080 raster perf territory but worse than 2080ti raytracing perf, while also missing certain features like a DLSS equivalent but at 50-100 euros cheaper... will you guys still consider it a good option?

I don't consider DLSS(because it is not working with most games) or RT main features at this point, they are addons that could help sway my opinion if everything else was equal such as price and raster performance. So yes to your question if it puts RDNA 2 within my budget for a new GPU. By the time RT is big enough to care about (IMO) a new generation of graphics will either be on the doorstep or already here and the evaluation of best purchase will start all over again.

DDH

DDH

Associate
Just wondering.

If it only matches a 3080 but suffered greatly with RT and doesn't have a dlss like solution then probably not a good option unless cheaper.

If it matches the 3080 and has RT performance that is the same as or better without having a dlss like solution for a little bit cheaper than it is an equally valid option

Permabanned
I currently have a 1070, and I'm fully open to switching back to AMD. Couldn't care less about them beating the 3090, or even the 3080 much. My budget is roughly 5-600USD, so a 3070 is on my radar currently, but I dislike the 8GB. So, for me, AMD "just" need to have more VRAM, similar rasterization performance, decent RT, good drivers, decent cooling - all for a similar price is fine, and then I'll likely have such an AMD card to go along with my 4700X. Failing that, I may just splurge for a 3080 and call it a day.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm definitely getting rdna2.. my wife wants to get me a series x for xmas :D

Which suits me just fine as I don't plan to upgrade my 5700xt until next summer.. plenty of time for the dust to settle..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom