• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700XT: Fine Wine strikes again

Caporegime
Hardware Unboxed are in the middle of testing this gen GPU's with the latest Drivers ready for new GPU benchmarks.
With that he's been making new comparison videos between the outgoing GPU's.
This time it was the turn of the RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070 Super and RX 5700XT.

When the 5700XT was first launched it was a performance competitor to the RTX 2070, but that card was $100 more, so Nvidia rebranded the RTX 2070 to the RTX 2060 Super and dropped $100 off the price, the RTX 2070 was moved up to where the RTX 2080 sat at the RTX 2070 original price.

Now the 5700XT has moved up a whole GPU tier in performance and is matching the RTX 2070 Super, what was at the time of launch the RTX 2080.

I guess it doesn't matter now as all these GPU's are to be replaced, but then again many will be keeping them and i think for those who are its nice to know their GPU's have matured up a GPU tier when compared with Nvidia :)

Those who bought RTX 2070's, don't hate me :)

bSo9Orm.png

Soldato
Well I've had 2 5700XT's, Red Devil and Sapphire Tri thingy, both turned out *****.

Palit 2070 Super Jetstream no driver issues, solid build quality and the biggest.....it still works :D

Associate
Ha ha fine wine my ass. My XFX Thicc III 5700xt has given me nothing but greif. It's seriously been my worst experience with a GPU in over 20 years.

The Nvidia 3000 series can't come fast enough.

Associate
Not had a single problem with my 5700XT Red Devil since buying at launch. In fact it's been the best card I've owned including both AMD and Nvidia.

Associate
The only real problem I had was YouTube not working properly & they fixed that a couple of months after launch.. ref card has been awesome tbh..

Associate
What issues are people experiencing with their GPUs?

I switched from an RTX 2080 to an RX 570, and other than going from 4K to 1080p, I haven't noticed anything 'bad'.

Soldato
What issues are people experiencing with their GPUs?

I switched from an RTX 2080 to an RX 570, and other than going from 4K to 1080p, I haven't noticed anything 'bad'.
Some people have had major issues with Navi cards, some haven't. It seems very setup-specific. I had a 5700 XT for a while and only had one issue with it, which was a minor compatibility problem in RPCS3 (that could be solved by disabling MSAA).

It's a good card, but the lack of modern features means it'll age poorly over the next couple of years, with ray tracing becoming more common. DLSS is also a huge win for Nvidia right now. AMD need to create an equivalent.

Soldato
Max fps isnt the measurement anymore we want its the highest minimum fps. Every game drops fps low now and then its the card that drops the least we want. Oh and a stable frametime if poss.

Soldato
So in other words, AMD finally got their software optimised to the hardware just when it as an overall package has got to the stage of being irrelevant :D. Does it now have RT too :p
They can gain on NV probably if they just get on top of the day 1 release driver support.

Back
Top Bottom