Wtf is wrong with some kids? M60 incident this morning....

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Clearly hasn't acted as a deterrent though, considering this thread.

You're also assuming he feels guilt.
Punishing someone else for a few more years is not really a public deterrent, publicising new laws would be much more of a deterrent.

And you're assuming he's a monster.

Caporegime
Punishing someone else for a few more years is not really a public deterrent, publicising new laws would be much more of a deterrent.

And you're assuming he's a monster.

He went out to steal a car and screwed that up, he then decided that the correct course of action was to throw masonry at passing vehicles. He's hardly a paragon of humanity, is he?

Caporegime
Well then let's try the other point again then - has he done it since?

We don't know what he's done since. Do you know that after a year inside Fred West would have behaved? Should we let murderers out after just a slap on the wrist because they might behave themselves?

Again, his sentence clearly hasn't acted as a deterrent, has it?

And you're the guy who was hinting he'd kill someone that broke in to his house under the guise of protecting his family...

NVP

NVP

Soldato
We don't know what he's done since.
This is true, however if he had done the same thing again I'm pretty sure it would be worthy of a news article, which doesn't appear to have happened.

Do you know that after a year inside Fred West would have behaved? Should we let murderers out after just a slap on the wrist because they might behave themselves?
Interesting steer here. Please enlighten me to the similarities as I'm struggling to identify any relevance to comment on.

Again, his sentence clearly hasn't acted as a deterrent, has it?
As a public deterrent, 6 years or 12 years would hardly sway perspective.

And you're the guy who was hinting he'd kill someone that broke in to his house under the guise of protecting his family...
I did not hint anything, but I'll tell you straight I'd do anything to protect my family, although I think my way of life is quite different to the average.

Caporegime
You can't get the similarities between two people that have killed people? I mean...It's in that sentence. So again I'll ask, do we let the likes of Fred West out with a slap on the wrist because "they might not do it again".

Perhaps if you tried leading a less...whatever the hell weird life it is you lead then your family might be safer?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
You can't get the similarities between two people that have killed people? I mean...It's in that sentence. So again I'll ask, do we let the likes of Fred West out with a slap on the wrist because "they might not do it again".
Ok, I'm not bothering with that nonsense comparison.

My family are perfectly well, I was simply commenting on the posed hypothetical :)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing :rolleyes:

I was actually indirectly defending our justice system by discussing his sentence.

Soldato
Hang him from the bridge and let the lorries drive into him.
Takes too much time and effort, as well as traumatising the lorry drivers and putting the burden of taking a life onto them.

Just get one of those bolt guns they use to put down cattle, and be done with the affair.
There are plenty of psychos currently in lockup, who could contribute to society by becoming court-appointed executioners. They wouldn't even need to leave their cell block for work, just feed the guilty to them down a chute.

Back
Top Bottom