• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Tbh we all know that the gpu itself is going to be damn good, my only slight concern is if the cooling is upto it (if the no aib for a while is true) and possibly the launch drivers but I think they’ll know this and put more effort into them.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Tbh we all know that the gpu itself is going to be damn good, my only slight concern is if the cooling is upto it (if the no aib for a while is true) and possibly the launch drivers but I think they’ll know this and put more effort into them.

This, power draw and availability are good concerns. If your not brand biased picking up a card soon is going to be the best choice its been in a long while.

GAC

GAC

Soldato

we dont know the price or performance so the gpu could be good. it could also be a bit weak depending on how its priced.

as for the cooling thats a worry for sure especially after some of the issues on the 5000's where they had to be pulled apart and tweaked or rtb'd for a swap and even a cooler redesign i think in one case. something which shouldnt be happening at all. as for drivers this is the big one, if the drivers are guff at day one it will just reinforce the view amd had issues in that dept still after years of claiming improvements. and its not like you can fix drivers by applying better cooling.

Soldato
we dont know the price or performance so the gpu could be good. it could also be a bit weak depending on how its priced.

I was thinking this too and if for arguments sake they only bring out a 3080 contender as flagship with a weaker one at the 3070 level it will have to be cheap to get noticed. Not a bad thing for most gamers, myself included, as the steam data shows most people are running 1050s->1070 or AMD equivelent and will be a decent upgrade for many.

Personally though I think they will be toe-toe this release with 3060/3070/3080 the interesting part will be at wat power draw they can rock up with.

Soldato
Man, AMD are poised to release a GPU that could be anything from competative to dominating and the press media are just roasting them constantly. 'Can't design coolers, must advertise better' etc etc. I get it, AMD's a big company that doesnt only sell GPU's but why right now? Let AMD release their damn cards on a potential high before we tear them apart at least.

Soldato
Man, AMD are poised to release a GPU that could be anything from competative to dominating and the press media are just roasting them constantly. 'Can't design coolers, must advertise better' etc etc. Let AMD release their damn cards before tear them apart at least.

But he's right. RTG's marketing department is one of the worst in the entire tech industry

Soldato
Man, AMD are poised to release a GPU that could be anything from competative to dominating and the press media are just roasting them constantly. 'Can't design coolers, must advertise better' etc etc. I get it, AMD's a big company that doesnt only sell GPU's but why right now? Let AMD release their damn cards on a potential high before we tear them apart at least.

Because he and those have echoed the same comments and criticism over many years of launches and they continued to make the same mistakes time and time again. The difference is this time they don't have to rely on big inefficient dies and expensive manufacturing costs to compete with Nvidia Laptop chips.

The objectives are,
Don't rush the launch, ensure the drivers are solid, design a decent range of coolers or build a batch of review cards with a cooler similar to Aibs, then tune the bios to ensure the reviewer will get great out of the box performance.

Soldato
The objectives are,
Don't rush the launch, ensure the drivers are solid, design a decent range of coolers or build a batch of review cards with a cooler similar to Aibs, then tune the bios to ensure the reviewer will get great out of the box performance.

But he's right though, they have not released anything yet so its basically negative slur to stain/derail before its started.

Caporegime
OP
I really do want to see AMD release a killer card this time. I just doubt it will happen, as Ryzen has been the priority. I have been wrong before though and a multi die would be awesome. Anyone like me who is an enthusiast should be hoping for a competitive AMD purely to drive our PC industry forward and keep prices a little more in check.

Soldato
With the recent leaked benchmarks of the 3080 only being around 25% faster and using 30% more power than a 2080ti on what looks to be quite a poor Samsung 8nm node then I personally think AMD have got a great chance this time around to be very competitive.

Caporegime
nvidia buyer only buys nvidia. "Its AMD's fault..." precisely why this forum cracks me up. Some dont even give AMD a chance no matter so they shouldn't complain.

Hell I might even get a 3080 next week just to play with for a few weeks and then pass it on after all the dust has settled! If the shortages are true then I'm not gonna lose a lot once I've sold the provided codes and I'd have had my fun with her ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom