• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

rn2

rn2

Associate
It doesn't look like a big deal .
You just got to change the case fan config

Chg the rear case fan to pull air in
Move one of the bottom fans up (above the card) and make it push air out

And yes, play with vsync on :)

Edit: you will need to look at Nvidia's marketing slides on rtx 30 cooling for context

Like a reverse air flow? Good idea1

rn2

rn2

Associate
These 3070s and 3080s aren't so big! You should see my modded gtx1070 with a back plate and heat sink from an Arctic Accelero after stock cooler but with the fans replaced with a 140mm bequiet fan :D Silent and never over 65oc. I will be selling it this year as it is (I hope).

Associate
Do you know what specific law you'd cite when they try to deny your warranty for it?

UK Consumer Act 2015, States any goods purchased online that develops a fault within 6 months of purchase must be repaired or replaced by the retailer, after six months it is on the consumer to prove that the fault was present on the date of purchase e.g "the memory issues on the 2080Ti's could easy be proven using examples of the same product developing the fault" which would mean a card developing that known issue would have to be replaced regardless of the amount of time elapsed.

Removing a sticker regardless of what they might say does not affect your consumer rights

UEX

UEX

Associate
UK Consumer Act 2015, States any goods purchased online that develops a fault within 6 months of purchase must be repaired or replaced by the retailer, after six months it is on the consumer to prove that the fault was present on the date of purchase e.g "the memory issues on the 2080Ti's could easy be proven using examples of the same product developing the fault" which would mean a card developing that known issue would have to be replaced regardless of the amount of time elapsed.

Removing a sticker regardless of what they might say does not affect your consumer rights
Bear in mind sometimes these rights can be tough to 'enforce' i once returned a nintendo wii to (a high street competitor)as it was faulty out of the box. I was told i couldnt return it as it was exempt from the 30 day no quibble guarantee :p it was hard to even believe what this woman was telling me tbh, "so i can buy something from you that doesnt work and you are going to just say sorry, unlucky?" she was like "im sorry sir this item is exempt from returns under the 30 day no quibble guarantee" I was like "yeah but i dont want to return it under that i want to return it under my statutory consumer rights in the uk" ... "sir im afraid our no quibble return policy is quite clear, and this item is not included".

ffs they threatened to call cops and boot me out so i went home, called consumer direct who were as baffled as me. They called the store manager on my behalf and i was asked to go back and return it and they gave me a voucher i think.

Long story short, just because you have rights, doesnt mean you can get them enforced

Soldato
It also says in the small print, 30 day no quibble does not affect statuary rights, I would have stayed in the shop and argued personally.
You were in the right and she didn't know what she was talking about.

As to the original post about stickers, yes that at manufactures discretion, you tampering with goods is not what the consumer protection is there for.
Tampering is and should invalidate warranty unless the manufacturer deems otherwise , anyone wanting to do this checks first or does it at their own risk.

Associate
Bear in mind sometimes these rights can be tough to 'enforce' i once returned a nintendo wii to (a high street competitor)as it was faulty out of the box. I was told i couldnt return it as it was exempt from the 30 day no quibble guarantee :p it was hard to even believe what this woman was telling me tbh, "so i can buy something from you that doesnt work and you are going to just say sorry, unlucky?" she was like "im sorry sir this item is exempt from returns under the 30 day no quibble guarantee" I was like "yeah but i dont want to return it under that i want to return it under my statutory consumer rights in the uk" ... "sir im afraid our no quibble return policy is quite clear, and this item is not included".

ffs they threatened to call cops and boot me out so i went home, called consumer direct who were as baffled as me. They called the store manager on my behalf and i was asked to go back and return it and they gave me a voucher i think.

Long story short, just because you have rights, doesnt mean you can get them enforced

This has to be Currys/pcworld 100%

Associate
Nvidia just posted this update on their site -

"Hey everyone - two updates for you today. First, GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition reviews (and all related technologies and games) will be on September 16th at 6 a.m. Pacific Time. Get ready for benchmarks! Second, we’re excited to announce that the GeForce RTX 3070 will be available on October 15th at 6 a.m. Pacific Time."

Back
Top Bottom