• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
650 watt PSU, a good one, is gonna be fine as a minimum.

680's in SLI with volt mod BIOS and a Q6700 at 5ghz that's 900 watts:D

Associate
Gamers Nexus did a video on PSUs recently. A 10900k and a 2080 Ti, under a heavy artificial load, maxed out at 540W.

Just watched that video, between talk of efficiency and single rail voltage, I get the feeling the 650w is not going to be enough once some game comes along and hits the card at full load. It certainly leaves little room for overclocking. Nvidia aren't idiots for saying 750w is the recommendation.

Are people really going to be ok gaming on their 3080 knowing their 650w is close to buckling? A lot of 4k gamers should add another £100 to the cost of the 3080, there's quite a few unoptimised games out there and I've been surprised at just how much a game from five years ago can tax my system in 4k. It might be one of the reasons it's priced (relatively) cheap.

The great PSU shortage of 2020 incoming!

Soldato
Just watched that video, between talk of efficiency and single rail voltage, I get the feeling the 650w is not going to be enough once some game comes along and hits the card at full load. It certainly leaves little room for overclocking. Nvidia aren't idiots for saying 750w is the recommendation.

Are people really going to be ok gaming on their 3080 knowing their 650w is close to buckling? A lot of 4k gamers should add another £100 to the cost of the 3080, there's quite a few unoptimised games out there and I've been surprised at just how much a game from five years ago can tax my system in 4k. It might be one of the reasons it's priced (relatively) cheap.

once u add a few hdd's and few case fans and led lights, that wll all add up

Soldato

There has already been a PSU shortage since lockdown started so won't notice any difference. Have a decent 850 but is a few years old now and could do with retiring it.

Associate
If true this isn't good. Wonder if it's a early driver issue?

Doesn't look good at all, the fact theres real proof there if video cards did get 3080 which I'm assuming they did then it's what he's been saying pretty much from day 1.

2080ti owners got sucked into this when that was released albeit better rasterization but think I may wait for the ti now, quite put off tbh.

Permabanned
Wait, we have to wait until Wednesday now?? That's some BS right there.

I'm sick of being blue-balled by nvidia, screw it, I'm going to spend my money on a Babestation 5 and a Sexbot series XXX, that's where the action is in the next couple of years imo.

I'm going to go hug my 2080ti, even if it's getting a lot of internet mockery right now, I still love you. Even if you were a pricey bitch.
Well guess ya never waited for AMD product wit Annoucment for an annoucment in octbet :D

Permabanned
@Adrian1976 im trying to grab Any of em FE is first choice then Inno3d i dont care what cooler there is as its going under water. Im interested also how good it mines :D Btw HAve You heard that FE cooler costs 120-130$ to make alone ?? Fantastic move from NV finally good standard card. Shame AMD got worst freaking coolers last 9 years.....

Last edited:
Permabanned
Lmao this is funny stuff. Need better psu’s now your being told spend even more money on a ti instead. They just love relieving you of your money. Heck you might as well do it properly and get a 3090. Pay more to save more :D

Permabanned
well hindsight is a wonderful thing. We could all bypass the 3000 series in the hope that the 4000 series is cheaper and better. In fact why stop there, maybe I’ll wait for the 5000. At the end of the day, people can spend their hard earned money how ever they like, value is decided by the buyer, not people judging on their purchases.
It’s not hindsight even stevie wonder could do basic maths and he’d sing you a lullabye in the tune of “don’t buy the 2080ti because it’s well overpriced”.

Permabanned
6f52d4a087647f42e834095e578528aad130e3fb.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom