PC Amp for AE Aego T or alternatives?

Associate
I'm looking to add a pair of stereo speakers to my PC on a low budget of £50 to £80.
I do currently have a pair of Aego T's doing nothing however I can't decide if it would be worth the investment of an amp(recommendations welcome) or if I would be better to buy a new pair of active speakers dedicated to the job?

Soldato
They look like small satellite speakers used in a 5.1 system. They look to be larger than I thought though, with 4" woofers. They'll be light on bass though compared to other stereo speakers with 4" woofers, as these are designed for use with a subwoofer.

I have a pair of Gale Satellite 10 speakers, which are also designed for use in a 5.1 system. They are really not satisfying enough when used on their own as stereo speakers, compared to other similar sized stereo speakers I have. I'd expect the same from the Aego T's.

If you were to add an amp to those, get a small T type amp. Probably a LEPY from the jungle site for about £25. It'll do a pretty decent job. No point spending more on those speakers in my opinion.

A better option would be to buy a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.0's from Richer Sounds for £50 and a SMSL SA36A for £45 from the jungle site; or Edifier R1280T powered speakers for £90.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the insight @Marsman
I've dug out my old Sonly Lissa system which I have effectively used the receiver and active sub paired with the 2 Aego T's and I'm more than happy with the results.
I may look to simplfy my setup at a later date with a pair of Edifers

Back
Top Bottom