• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lowest 2080ti price - £350

Soldato
I'm thinking, to eliminate the prospect of going Series X, either way I could either buy a 3080 or get a 2080Ti for cheaper than a Series X and an 2080Ti I expect would always outperform a series X?

Associate
Owning a 2080ti is like owning a house in negative equity. It's only a loss if you need to sell. No ti owner has to sell, if they do they need to accept the real value. There are only so many mugs on the bay.

Exactly; they don't need to sell but they all want a shiny new 3080.

Caporegime
If you can buy one, I suspect they're going to be vapourware personally so their price is kind of irrelevant.

Well no, The price is irrelevant doesn't really cut it...

The price on NVIDIA is what i'll pay £649

You have to factor in that PS5 and Xbox are incoming...what we have have is a GFX card that will prevent a jump to a games console for nvidia...

Thats their plan....However you try to spin it...we are going to get more performance than a 2080ti for 50% less..

FACT

Permabanned
People who sell thier cards that cheap have run them into the dirt at 2000mhz for two years. Thats why its so cheap. And no warranty either? I never once or will buy 2nd hand from bay or mm.

Imagine paying £350 and it goes boom or the memory fails. Just buy a new 3080 tbh you get what you pay for this is truth.

Associate
Would £300-320 be a decent price to pick up a second hand 2080 non super or ti. Thinking of changing my 1660ti?
Would get/wait for the 3060 instead. Same performance, lower power consumption and new with warranty so not used and abused and will most likely age better as all new architectures do.

Associate
Is there any other online market besides Facebook, Ebay and Gumtree? I've got those three covered with warnings for 2080Ti buyings; I think that should be all the main places right?

Associate
People who sell thier cards that cheap have run them into the dirt at 2000mhz for two years. Thats why its so cheap. And no warranty either? I never once or will buy 2nd hand from bay or mm.

Imagine paying £350 and it goes boom or the memory fails. Just buy a new 3080 tbh you get what you pay for this is truth.
Yeah dude; that happens because I was an idiot xd. Bought a 2080 Ti a few weeks ago and 6 days into it; the memory failed. No OG receipt or anything. Expensive lesson but lesson never the less.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah dude; that happens because I was an idiot xd. Bought a 2080 Ti a few weeks ago and 6 days into it; the memory failed. No OG receipt or anything. Expensive lesson but lesson never the less.
Ah that sucks. I only buy second hand cards from members market from people that have good rep and promise to help with remaining warranty. But yeah, for the extra £200 over a 2nd hand 2080Ti, one gets piece of mind and new tech by going 3080.

G J

G J

Associate
So I made a Ebay listing for a 2080Ti, not selling the product, just posting information about the new line of GPU's and making the information about 3070 and 3080 known.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GTX1080T...TE-PALIT-ASUS-Buying-Information/203099392442

And on Facebook as well... already got some salt and verbal abuse coming in.

He's not lying either found a couple of ads on Facebook marketplace warning about buying a 2080Ti :eek::rolleyes:

Bit naughty, now you can even palm them off to unsuspecting suckers :D

aezPAMkl.jpg dqxpohal.jpg

:) I bought a 2080Ti for £700 and it broke a week later. And ASUS Spent a week telling me I have to go through the original retailer. It was all because of my ignorance but.

Well if you guys think this is a bit douchy; what do you think about all these people hoping for a newbie pc gamer/uninformed idiot to come a long and fall for it? They all know their cards are paperweight compared to before. They were screwed over by Nvidia and now they're knowingly trying to do that to other people.

Honestly spreading information doesn't hurt anyone if the prices were actually fair. Only liars are hurt by truth being spread.

Oh dear... :D

Last edited:
Permabanned

Very sorry mate :(

What i think of people who want to sell paperweights potentials as you said, Well i think they need help because life can be nasty and the last thing i want is sleep loss and karma. Tbh if you are going to sell a card just be honest about it.

I refused to clock my memory for this very reaaon, Even though i may get more fps now, I want to preserve it and not risk anything even though mine was manufactured in 2018 post micron i still worry about it.

Permabanned
By the way i will say posting that the 3080 is twice the speed of a 2080ti is wrong. You can not go by one RT game. Indeed the annual figures ar more like 25-40% each year.

And they are already saying 25% and i believe them so telling someone he will get 2x his fps is actually sort of mis information. Heck if i thought it was a real double fps upgrade id of sold mine last month. But i know from experience a lot of younget folks get carried away this time every single year. Nvidia and Jensen are absoloute capitalist villains so anyone expecting 2x is off thier rocker.

Associate

I've bought at least the last 4 cards of mine from ebay, 670 SLI, 980ti, 1080ti and 2080ti. I have yet to have a problem with any of them. I have also saved a ton of cash doing so. Sometimes selling for the same price I paid.

Permabanned
Sat here with a second hand 980ti still going strong with a hefty overclock :D.

Sad we only expect/foresee expensive electrical hardware to last just beyond the warranty period.

Back
Top Bottom