New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
If it helps anyone, I ordered mine from Dell on Friday 4th September, anticipated delivery date was given as 21st September.
The monitor arrived yesterday (11th September).

Unrelated question to owners: how do I change brightness? Mine is grayed out at 75%.

Associate
If it helps anyone, I ordered mine from Dell on Friday 4th September, anticipated delivery date was given as 21st September.
The monitor arrived yesterday (11th September).

Unrelated question to owners: how do I change brightness? Mine is grayed out at 75%.

You push right on the joystick, then adjust it up or down and push left twice (just checked for you).

Associate
Hi all ive been reading this thread for a while now.I have a question to ask. Ihave owned the S2716DG for about 4 years now have calibrated it using a SpiderX Elite and the colors are ok. But im asking will i notice a big difference between the picture quality and use for gaming im tempted to buy the 2721DGF . And at the current Dell price its very tempting
. Also going to change my gtx1080ti for the RTX3080 Would welcome peoples comments

Soldato
Hi all ive been reading this thread for a while now.I have a question to ask. Ihave owned the S2716DG for about 4 years now have calibrated it using a SpiderX Elite and the colors are ok. But im asking will i notice a big difference between the picture quality and use for gaming im tempted to buy the 2721DGF . And at the current Dell price its very tempting
. Also going to change my gtx1080ti for the RTX3080 Would welcome peoples comments

Got the same monitor S2716DG and was thinking of upgrading as parents needed a new monitor for their computer. However ended up giving it a miss for the moment. Will probably wait and see what other stuff comes out in next few years. For my usage, weighing up the cost for the pros, at the moment over my TN 144hz 1440p panel, they don't offer anything major for me.

Just bought a <£100 BenQ 24" instead for them, is all they need.

Think I'll make my next upgrade a 32" monitor, and see what panel types we are on in a few years.

Soldato
I am looking for a new monitor, this looks perfect. Only one thing is that there are various Acer Nitro 1440p 144Hz IPS monitors available for less than £300 - what makes this worth it over them? (I haven't bought or even looked at a monitor in about 7 years)

Associate
I am looking for a new monitor, this looks perfect. Only one thing is that there are various Acer Nitro 1440p 144Hz IPS monitors available for less than £300 - what makes this worth it over them? (I haven't bought or even looked at a monitor in about 7 years)
I was looking at the same monitors, from my research the 2 main things that swayed it for we was:
  • Build Quality (The stand on the Acer Nitros is very basic and wobbly)
  • Superior Warranty (3 years next day replacement for even 1 dead/bright pixel)
Also a slightly higher brightness and a wider colour gamut, but those differences are were not as significant to me.

With a discount code I think it's worth the extra £30.

Associate
I have... hence the question. Nothing on dead pixels specifically. I am more worried about that than any glow/BLB. With the former, you can more easily say you changed your mind, whereas with dead pixels it is obvious why you're retuning the monitor.

You can change your mind and return it with in the 14 days post-delivery regardless. Unless faulty this is usually at your expense but their FAQ says:

What are the Effects of Cancellation – Refunds and Returns?
  • Refunds will be processed as soon as possible and you will usually be refunded within 14 calendar days of receipt by Dell of your cancellation notification.
  • Once you have notified Dell of your wish to exercise your right of cancellation, Dell will arrange for collection of the Product(s) or provide instructions and details for you to return the Product direct.
  • You must return Product(s) in their original condition and within 14 calendar days of your cancellation notification, unless Dell provides a later collection date.
  • Dell may charge you for any damage caused to the Product(s).
  • Where Dell arranges collection, return shipping will be free, unless Dell notified you otherwise. However, Dell may withhold payment of your refund pending receipt of the returned Product (in its original condition).

So they might pay for it!

Their Premium Panel Guarantee covers 1 bright pixel. It does not cover dead pixels per se, however if it arrives with a cluster of dead pixels then I expect they will accept a fault, although of course you are still within your rights to return it anyway if within the 14 day period if they refuse a RMA request.

Last edited:
Soldato
HSDBIGSALE is a 15% discount. Also for the student discount email, use the "15% off S & P Series Monitors" code which works for me.

Good man, just ordered one.

I already have a 27" 1440p, but no Freesync. Looking forward to no tearing and seeing what the craic is with high refresh rate.

You can change your mind and return it with in the 14 days post-delivery regardless. Unless faulty this is usually at your expense but their FAQ says:

What are the Effects of Cancellation – Refunds and Returns?
  • Refunds will be processed as soon as possible and you will usually be refunded within 14 calendar days of receipt by Dell of your cancellation notification.
  • Once you have notified Dell of your wish to exercise your right of cancellation, Dell will arrange for collection of the Product(s) or provide instructions and details for you to return the Product direct.
  • You must return Product(s) in their original condition and within 14 calendar days of your cancellation notification, unless Dell provides a later collection date.
  • Dell may charge you for any damage caused to the Product(s).
  • Where Dell arranges collection, return shipping will be free, unless Dell notified you otherwise. However, Dell may withhold payment of your refund pending receipt of the returned Product (in its original condition).

So they might pay for it!

Their Premium Panel Guarantee covers 1 bright pixel. It does not cover dead pixels per se, however if it arrives with a cluster of dead pixels then I expect they will accept a fault, although of course you are still within your rights to return it anyway if within the 14 day period if they refuse a RMA request.

Thank you, Sir. Call me pessimistic, but I think returning something for 'no reason', i.e. within 14 days as you say, with a dead pixel or two will result in pushback. I've read so many bad things with monitor manufacturers and returns (Even if allowed by law. Although not specifically Dell). I'd happily pay a small fee for the return, if it didn't mean keeping a poor quality panel. Thanks again for this, you've put my mind at ease a bit.

Permabanned

Also this is compatible with Freesync and Gsync, so dont get trapped with AMD/NVidia.

Back
Top Bottom