• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
If you are filling in the blanks effectively using AI and doing stuff to make lines and curves crisper etc. it can look "better" than native* - but I'm still not a huge fan - I'd rather have the native image personally.

* Kind of like Optoma does with its "embedding stereoscopic depth information from a human-vision-based model" to make upscaled footage look "HD".
It's Darbee technology Optoma use. I have one of their processors for my 1080p projector it looks great I have the effect running low.

It's interesting in that it isn't a sharpening filter.

Caporegime
Once I get my 3090, it will be. IT WILL BE!

image.png

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Nice one, please let me know if you can get EARC lossless audio / atmos etc. Also not sure if would need an active adapter or if a passive cable would be ok for the EARC? I am planning to use one DP port for just audio, so DP++ > HDMI > AVR / Surround speakers.

After doing some research it looks like this should be ok, just want to check with someone who has done it, because a lot more choice if not worried about 2 x HDMI.

Well so far got 4k 60hz hdr no sound and no 120hz to my receiver but I plug it into the tv no display at all so I think more fault finding is required

Associate
I want a 3090 so bad but for no reason other than I just want it lmao, I have a 2070s and play at 120hz 3440x1440, I cap the refresh rate in nearly every game I play I could easily wait for the 3080s or w.e its called to launch but im a upgrade addict, must.... resist

Soldato
I wonder if the 3090 is 30-40% faster than the 3080 looking at these underwhelming numbers. Seems to me like the 3090 should then be much faster looking at the price difference

Extremely unlikely.

Look how small the difference is between the 3080 and 2080ti, those extra cores on the 3090 won't do much. Maybe the 3090 can overclock higher by 100mhz, but that also wont do much. Only significant difference is in memory bandwidth - but this will only matter if the 3080 is really starved for bandwidth and the extra bandwidth on the 3090 allows it to stretch its legs.

However in summary, I think the rasterization performance on the 3090 will only be 10-15% faster than the 3080 (10% if they clock the same and 15% if the 3090 achieves higher clock speeds). Any other difference between these cards will be in the Ray Tracing and DLSS performance as the 3090 has 20% more RT & Tensor cores.

Associate
That's talking about a Quadro card, the only mention of Titan is the last, speculative, paragraph.

Yep although the rumoured Titan is sopossed to use a full fat GA102 and have 48Gigs of ram so it's ticked both of those boxes which I believe Kaapstad was interested in.

Soldato
Yep although the rumoured Titan is sopossed to use a full fat GA102 and have 48Gigs of ram so it's ticked both of those boxes which I believe Kaapstad was interested in.

Its called Quadro though, not Titan

https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-quadro-ampere-cards-10752-cuda-cores-48gb-gddr6

10752 cores
48GB GDDR6 @ 384bit 768GB/s

They had to use GDDR6 to get to 48GB as it cant be done with GDDR6X

Could be built on TSMC 7nm and not Samsung 8nm - boost clock is 160mhz higher than the 3090.

Back
Top Bottom