My new Noble Hero Black Edition

Commissario
It's been a couple of weeks since I took delivery of my new Noble Chairs Hero Black Edition and I've deliberately waited a bit before posting just in case I had any problems with it.

I bought it to replace the Ikea Markus I had in the office and these two are like chalk and cheese! The Markus is fine but the Noble takes it to a new level for comfort and adjustability. I had taken the fixed arms off the old chair because they weren't in a very good position but I'm not even considering doing that with the Noble. The arms can move in and out, up and down, forwards and backwards and I hadn't realised but the armrests can actually rotate around the centre point as well. I've had an older Hero chair for a couple of years and I had no idea that they could do this.

I've moved my old Hero into the office and the new Black Edition is in my radio shack which is where I spend most of my time now (having been made redundant earlier this year). The new cover is described as "new vinyl imitation leather material cover" and it's noticably different from my older chair - This actually smells like a new car and after setting it up in my shack, it was like getting into a new car every time I came in! A couple of weeks later, it's still lingering in the air.

Construction was a breeze. The box the chair came in is huge and heavy and needed two of us to move it to the front room for assembly. I fitted the wheels to the base first and then moved the base upstairs to assemble the rest of the chair in situ. Following the instructions by the letter, the whole thing went together in about half an hour with no problems whatsoever.

A couple of other nice changes are the Noble logos on the lumbar adjuster and the seat back lever. I don't go out of my way to look at them but they make me smile if I spot the light shining off them when I come in.

I knew before buying that this was going to be a comfortable chair because of my previous experience and I wasn't wrong. Once set up and adjusted to how I like, it's probably the most comfortable chair I've owned and I can sit here for hours without any discomfort, whether I'm working and typing or whether I pull my steering wheel over and start blatting around the track in F1 2017.

It's really difficult to photograph a dark chair in a messy environment but here it is. There are plenty more pictures on the OcUK website that do it a lot more justice than my snap.

(As a side note, my son bought the Fallout edition and he adores it. He's a big lad at 6ft 5in and it has plenty of adjustments to fit his size)

The bottom line, if you're looking for a good, solid, comfortable chair with loads of adjustments and a nice new car smell then you really can't go wrong.

h1gwLic.jpeg

Associate
I really like the look of this chair. I can already fell the soft pillows for your head an your back. I find it especially important to have this knd of pillow for the lower ack, because when gaming you oftn find yourself in a bad posture for your spine...

Associate
Sounds good. I'm considering a noblechairs. I went to an office chairs showroom and tried an ergo mesh chair and it's good but it didn't immediately make me want to spend £300. I went to PC world and they had two Arozzi chairs, neither of which were right and Corsair T1 which is really nice but doesn't go high enough. I've read that the Noblechairs Epic is very similar to the T1 but it does go higher. So I'm considering the Epic in White but then the Hero has lumbar adjustment instead of the little lumbar pillows which I don't like. So maybe the hero is for me.

I don't suppose it's possible to try and buy one at the Overclockers store at the moment?

Commissario
OP
@Feek how's the material vs leather? Does it make you hot?
No, not at all. It's in my radio shack where the temperature has been ridiculously hot over the last few weeks (it's 27°C in here now) and it doesn't feel warm to the touch at all. I live in shorts throughout the summer and the covering still feels cool to the backs of my legs.

OcUK Staff
Unfortunately the Overclockers UK store is closed due to Covid-19 at the moment. However you have a 30 day comfort guarantee, so if the chair wasn't for you, you can return it. :)

Soldato
Unfortunately the Overclockers UK store is closed due to Covid-19 at the moment. However you have a 30 day comfort guarantee, so if the chair wasn't for you, you can return it. :)

May have missed it but I couldn’t see anything about this on the website? Are there any stipulations on this other than being in the same condition as new etc?

Soldato
So after a short evaluation of a Humanscale Freedom which is being returned, I managed to get a last minute delivery on Sat of the HERO.

The foam is definitely firm, but not uncomfortably so (for me), it would be nicer if it was softer but hopefully it will bed in a little. I've got back issues at the moment, hence the need for a new chair and I was trying to avoid the 'gamer' style chair but I thought I'd give it a try as I hadn't seen anything else that I thought would suit.

It's very big, the seat bad and back width is more than enough. For someone like me that likes to sit in different positions it's quite good as I don't feel stuck in the same position. The lumbar adjust I didn't feel much difference with - but the included pillow works pretty well to fill in the lumbar gap at the base of my back. The top pillow for me head/neck is very nice.

So far it seems like a keeper, and the black edition is quite tasteful and not too 'gamer' for me.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
After buying a cheap chair a few months ago that has given me backache - opted to get a Hero, should be here tomorrow :) Was going for the Epic, but the weight limit changed my mind :D

Associate
Just took delivery of this black edition chair this week. I was coming up from a cheapo gaming chair and suffering from bad posture with all the working from home that has been going on.

All I can say is this thing is like a throne. I really like the firmness of the chair and the fact that there is additional lumbar support which you can dial in. Your whole frame just feels so well supported. It straddles the line between gaming chair/ office chair well.

Associate
Hello Feek, could you tell me diferences between Hero PU and Black Edition? I see you have two of them and i cant decide whith one i will buy. I want to know only compare three things.
1) Comfort
2) Breathing / Sweating on, when are hot days
3) Whith one is just better in your opinion.
(Sorry for bad english) and thx for answer.

Commissario
OP
Hello Feek, could you tell me diferences between Hero PU and Black Edition? I see you have two of them and i cant decide whith one i will buy. I want to know only compare three things.

1) They're both the same regarding comfort, they're both firm chairs and I don't think I could tell the difference between them.
2) They're both the same regarding how they feel on hot days
3) The first Hero I bought was black with red trim and it looks fabulous, the red trim really sets it off nicely. However the Black Edition one also looks great, it has some subtle differences with regard to metal trim but really, they both look great. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the Black Edition simply because it smells like a new car :D

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom