Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 14th Sep 2020]

Soldato
Well he’s accused someone of racial abuse so maybe he doesn’t deserve everything he gets if that is true.

To be fair when some of the English players were being racially abused in the last couple of seasons they went straight to an official when it happened or made it known at least on camera. They didn't wait till they got sent off after punching someone in the back of the head.

Don
OP
To be fair when some of the English players were being racially abused in the last couple of seasons they went straight to an official when it happened or made it known at least on camera. They didn't wait till they got sent off after punching someone in the back of the head.

People react differently to situations. Maybe getting a snack instead of reporting it might make it sink in a bit more.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Well he’s accused someone of racial abuse so maybe he doesn’t deserve everything he gets if that is true.

OK, he deserves 99% of everything he gets. If he wasn't such an unlikeable **** I don't think people would enjoy watching him get fouled so much. Hes a bit like Lewis Hamilton. Great sportsman but generally unlikeable.

Permabanned
I cant stand stuff like that. I dont mind exaggerating contact but thats just lol.

Just makes them look stupid. Dude did it in the Spurs game, think it was Højbjerg, steamed into a tackle, realised he might get sent off, started rolling around making like he had broken his leg, got a yellow, straight up and got on with it injury free. :D

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just makes them look stupid. Dude did it in the Spurs game, think it was Højbjerg, steamed into a tackle, realised he might get sent off, started rolling around making like he had broken his leg, got a yellow, straight up and got on with it injury free. :D

Yeah, that was pretty pathetic. Standard move though. Most of the time the ref sees through it though thankfully.

Soldato
They were like that way before Mourhino took over. Squad needs a rebuild. You can see Ali was subbed because he is just not interested. Another tallented player who is more interested in the life than the game itself.

Mourhino needs to be able to spend money. With Levy at the helm that was never going to happen so was a terrible match up in the first place.

I tend to agree. The lack of effort isn't down to Mourhino as it started under Poch - its down to the players!

One thing the documentary has clearly shown is that they live a pampered, privileged existence. If it wasn't for the fact that they are good at kicking a football the majority off them would be nothing special and doing very average jobs. The problem is that when the majority of them are financially secure then it all boils down to their mentality. I don't know how it happened, but at some stage around about the time Mousa Dembele left the club, several players seemed to lose interest and just seem to be turning up for their pay check!

When Poch spoke about a 'painful rebuild,' he must have known the rot had set in.

If players don't have the will to win, to push themselves and to play for the shirt and the fans, then what can any manager do?

fez

fez

Caporegime
I tend to agree. The lack of effort isn't down to Mourhino as it started under Poch - its down to the players!

Thats why there is such a turnover in managers these days I think. Its hard to motivate players and the players know they have the power so when they don't like something they usually get their own way.

One thing the documentary has clearly shown is that they live a pampered, privileged existence. If it wasn't for the fact that they are good at kicking a football the majority off them would be nothing special and doing very average jobs. The problem is that when the majority of them are financially secure then it all boils down to their mentality. I don't know how it happened, but at some stage around about the time Mousa Dembele left the club, several players seemed to lose interest and just seem to be turning up for their pay check!

I think the problem that Spurs and their like have is that they are always going to be second tier. They aren't going to win the CL or the PL and they know it. They had the best chance any of them will ever see at Spurs and they didn't quite make it. Thats got to be so hard and demoralising. The only thing they are playing for really is CL football every year.

If players don't have the will to win, to push themselves and to play for the shirt and the fans, then what can any manager do?

That is a large part of a managers job though. Mourinho has proven time and time again that he cannot adapt to the modern player who won't run through walls for the manager just because he asks you to. All his best sides have been full of more old school players and teams full of pragmatic players and leaders. His style of management is no longer effective.

Look at the difference between Mourinho and Klopp. You feel Klopp would take a bullet for his players whereas you feel Mourinho would tell his player off for getting shot. There is still the making of a good Spurs side there but Mourinho is not the man to coax it out or do a rebuild without hundreds of millions.

Associate
Long live Jose!

Everton looking like they’ve signed some decent players for once, if they can free up the attackers they might actually challenge for the Everton cup again.

What's the Everton cup?

No he still deserves it. None of his reaction is as though he's been racially abused and reacting out of shock. He went from rubbing the back of the players head to slyly punching him. If he was abused he should have told an official, not wait a few minutes then chicken punch someone. I'm not convinced by his defence.

Associate
7th place in the league!

Ah ok, even though they haven't finished there often in the last 10 years but I guess I'm missing a joke. I mean nothing like Arsenal finishing 4th for 6 out of 9 seasons for level of consistency choking. The way Everton have been the last 10+ years I think they would take 7th consistently instead of where they have been finishing, 7th placed trophy would be an improvement!

Anyway odd for an Arsenal supporter to take the **** considering Everton were god awful last year and still Arsenal only pipped them to the league finish in the last couple of weeks. I had a bet last year that Everton would finish above Arsenal so watched the run in closely. They may not be far apart this year too.

Caporegime
Ah ok, even though they haven't finished there often in the last 10 years but I guess I'm missing a joke. I mean nothing like Arsenal finishing 4th for 6 out of 9 seasons for level of consistency choking. The way Everton have been the last 10+ years I think they would take 7th consistently instead of where they have been finishing, 7th placed trophy would be an improvement!

Anyway odd for an Arsenal supporter to take the **** considering Everton were god awful last year and still Arsenal only pipped them to the league finish in the last couple of weeks. I had a bet last year that Everton would finish above Arsenal so watched the run in closely. They may not be far apart this year too.

Don Carlo will get Everton above Arsenal. If he can pull off a top 6 this season he goes down as one of the greats of all time.

Back
Top Bottom