*** Apple Event (new Apple Watches, iPads etc) 15th September at 18:00 UK ***

Soldato
Pretty weak event then, it will be really disappointing if the new iPad airs don’t get at least the A13. A12 in a new product is getting a bit long in the tooth, particularly by the time it will be replaced.

The only issue being which I mentioned before is a marketing one. A13 sounds better than A12X which is in the iPad Pro even if it isn’t faster in practice.

I feel like neither of those products really needs an event. To be fair, the iPhone is getting that way too. I’m sure Apple will make the most of it though....

Soldato
I'm still going with a iPhone announcement tomorrow, September has been iPhone time since 2012 and they love to continue traditions like this. So many of the 'big rumor' people have been wrong this time, and I hope Gruman is too. Either me or HACO will be doing the smug face tomorrow. :D

Also nothing on AirTags from Gruman for tomorrow?

Soldato
No A14 chip (likely A13, will use "slower" processor than Pros, so might even continue with the normal A12)

So he'd somehow heard that it'll have a slower processor than the Pros, but the person who knew this fact wasn't even able to tell him if it was an A13 or an A12. Colour me unconvinced that this isn't anything other than pure speculation.

Soldato
So he'd somehow heard that it'll have a slower processor than the Pros, but the person who knew this fact wasn't even able to tell him if it was an A13 or an A12. Colour me unconvinced that this isn't anything other than pure speculation.

That's the whole point, the leaks/rumours are all pure speculation always. Which is why I always take them with the finest pinch of salt. People have become good at identifying snippets of the product pipeline / trends etc but they're so often wrong, I don't get why people take them as gospel. Although I will admit Gruman is about the best of them.

Soldato
That's the whole point, the leaks/rumours are all pure speculation always.

Apple is a big company and there must be some employees who, for whatever reason, are happy to give out corporate secrets. So I don't think it's 100pc speculation, but it's becoming increasingly hard to determine what's real and what isn't.

Associate
So currently the Watches are gen 5 and the 'budget' version gen 3. I've been waiting to buy my son a budget version, any ideas if the budget version will now be gen 4?

Soldato
I don’t think Gen 4 is still being manufactured so I would think that is unlikely.

I expect the budget version will be all new going forward, it will have the new screen but lack ECG and what ever other health they add to the new one.

I really wouldn’t buy an S3 now that’s for sure. I doubt it will even get updates in a year or two.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think tomorrow's event won't be as exciting as previous September events. I will be glad if I'm wrong and they release something interesting, some incremental updates aren't going to be that exciting.

Apple Watch Series 6
new iPad
Apple One
Maybe AirTags

That's all I can see happening.

Soldato
I'm still going with a iPhone announcement tomorrow, September has been iPhone time since 2012 and they love to continue traditions like this. So many of the 'big rumor' people have been wrong this time, and I hope Gruman is too. Either me or HACO will be doing the smug face tomorrow. :D

Also nothing on AirTags from Gruman for tomorrow?

One of us will :D

Nothing on AirTags except a vague "later this year".

Apple is usually intentionally vague about these details. It's not that the person who told Gruman didn't know, the PR strategy from inside Apple that decides what to leak and what not to, decided to tell him that it's "a slower processor than Pros" instead of giving him the exact processor.

That's the whole point, the leaks/rumours are all pure speculation always. Which is why I always take them with the finest pinch of salt. People have become good at identifying snippets of the product pipeline / trends etc but they're so often wrong, I don't get why people take them as gospel. Although I will admit Gruman is about the best of them.

The supply chain people are the most unreliable.

Apple is a big company and there must be some employees who, for whatever reason, are happy to give out corporate secrets. So I don't think it's 100pc speculation, but it's becoming increasingly hard to determine what's real and what isn't.

Almost all these Bloomberg and Buzzfeed leaks are controlled leaks, especially when it comes to Gruman. This is, effectively, Apple PR speaking. Doesn't mean it's true, it means they're telling us what Apple told them to say.

Soldato
Pretty much that. People at Apple have and will be fired for disclosing information that they haven’t been told to disclose.

It’s all very calculated and intentional ‘leaks’ and about managing expectations/the capital markets these days. There are few true leaks, and those that do come from Apples own software or dodgy supply chain sources and it’s hard to tell what is or isn’t true. Fairly sure air tags was originally found in the code for a beta version of iOS (13?) for example.

Soldato
I bought my series 3 because it was the cheapest I could get at the time, and didn't see the point in getting a 5 if the 6 was coming, I got the 3 just as a stop-gap and to see if I could actually live with an apple watch rather than my SHR..

Commissario
OP
Here's a thought, if the watch is being released with WatchOS7, does that mean we're going to get the iOS update well ahead of the new iPhone because I believe it needs iOS14.

Soldato
Here's a thought, if the watch is being released with WatchOS7, does that mean we're going to get the iOS update well ahead of the new iPhone because I believe it needs iOS14.
I'm expecting to see an iOS14 GM after the event tonight, and I think we'll get an iOS 14.1 (or 14.0.1) for the iPhone 12 in a few weeks.

Soldato

One of the recent rumours/speculation was that iOS 14 would be released or given a release date at this event cos it's the usual time for the iPhone events.

Back
Top Bottom