Hamilton hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Actors and sports people get paid a lot of money to entertain and should stick to that until they retire and want to became a politician.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Honestly don't have much of a problem with him wearing whatever he likes, I just think hes a massive hypocritical **** like a lot of the sports stars who suddenly have strong opinions about political and social issues.

He likes to tell people about climate change whilst jetting around the world constantly. He likes to complain about the lack of diversity in F1 but doesn't care about any other sport that is massively over-represented by certain groups. Hes a classic case of an overpaid celebrity liking the smell of their own ****.

Its like Lebron James kicking off about BLM whilst being entirely happy to toe the party line when it comes to Hong Kong and China. At the end of the day you are watching highly paid sports stars because they are good at a sport, not because they have half a brain cell. When they are at work they should be focussed on that. If they want to do charity work, raise awareness etc in their spare time that is fine. If they want to talk to their bosses and the higher ups about the sport doing something about an issue they care about, go for it but stop forcing your politics on others.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Do we class wearing poppies as a political statement or is that fine as it's one you support?

How is poppies political. Its a remembrance day thing.

It needs explaining why not being a racist is political.

Because its not as simple as that is it. BLM is a political organisation.

I think thats why no one minds about the "say no to racism" in football because its not political and we don't have players pulling shirts off and displaying messages about complex American incidents that aren't purely a racism issue.

fez

fez

Caporegime
He could do what Bansky the vandal did and buy a ship but instead of picking up immigrants in the channel he could set sail with Gary Lineker onboard to China and anchor blocking a harbour and tell them to get a grip on human rights.

I wonder how that work out for him.

Think he already has a nice yacht that he could use.

Say what you want about him though, hes a good shot. If the zombie apocalypse happens I want to be on his side.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
How is poppies political. Its a remembrance day thing.
What exactly is being remembered during the "remembrance day thing", as you so eloquently put it? I'll give you a clue; it's something pretty ******* political!

Because its not as simple as that is it. BLM is a political organisation.

I think thats why no one minds about the "say no to racism" in football because its not political and we don't have players pulling shirts off and displaying messages about complex American incidents that aren't purely a racism issue.
Say No to RACISM in football isn't political, but the same thing in the USA is. Gotcha.

Soldato
Honestly don't have much of a problem with him wearing whatever he likes, I just think hes a massive hypocritical **** like a lot of the sports stars who suddenly have strong opinions about political and social issues.

He likes to tell people about climate change whilst jetting around the world constantly. He likes to complain about the lack of diversity in F1 but doesn't care about any other sport that is massively over-represented by certain groups. Hes a classic case of an overpaid celebrity liking the smell of their own ****.

Its like Lebron James kicking off about BLM whilst being entirely happy to toe the party line when it comes to Hong Kong and China. At the end of the day you are watching highly paid sports stars because they are good at a sport, not because they have half a brain cell. When they are at work they should be focussed on that. If they want to do charity work, raise awareness etc in their spare time that is fine. If they want to talk to their bosses and the higher ups about the sport doing something about an issue they care about, go for it but stop forcing your politics on others.

His focus on his job seems just fine, ending up holding pretty much every record in F1 kind of suggests he doesn't just hop in a car amongst his campaigning.

fez

fez

Caporegime
His focus on his job seems just fine, ending up holding pretty much every record in F1 kind of suggests he doesn't just hop in a car amongst his campaigning.

So would your company like it if you started getting political at work? I assume they would be fine with it as long as your work wasn’t effected. If he wants to do that in his spare time, go for it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
What exactly is being remembered during the "remembrance day thing", as you so eloquently put it? I'll give you a clue; it's something pretty ******* political!

Remembering the people that died for our country and others. That’s not political...

Say No to RACISM in football isn't political, but the same thing in the USA is. Gotcha.

Ahh sorry, I didn’t realise that “say to to racism” was a political organisation with a manifesto with wide reaching goals. My mistake.

If we are talking about the Breonna Taylor case specifically as well, the police officers did nothing wrong under their current system. They no knock system is a problem but the officers should not be arrested for doing what their system tells them. I’m sure Lewis Hamilton understands that these things aren’t cut and dry though.

Soldato
So would your company like it if you started getting political at work? I assume they would be fine with it as long as your work wasn’t effected. If he wants to do that in his spare time, go for it.

I am far from being the GOAT in my field, Hamilton arguably could end up that way, and therefore my contract is slightly different to Hamilton's I would guess.

If Mercedes have an issue, I'm sure they'll discipline him, otherwise he can use his God given talent to campaign on an important subject that needs addressing.

F1 is a business first and foremost, if they think Hamilton is, overall, damaging their brand, they'll get rid somehow.

Fortunately, it's only a small minority of small minded people who would genuinely do anything but whine on an internet forum that will impact their profits, so I suspect they'll put up with him to some degree and give lip service to any serious disciplinary action.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I am far from being the GOAT in my field, Hamilton arguably could end up that way, and therefore my contract is slightly different to Hamilton's I would guess.

If Mercedes have an issue, I'm sure they'll discipline him, otherwise he can use his God given talent to campaign on an important subject that needs addressing.

F1 is a business first and foremost, if they think Hamilton is, overall, damaging their brand, they'll get rid somehow.

Fortunately, it's only a small minority of small minded people who would genuinely do anything but whine on an internet forum that will impact their profits, so I suspect they'll put up with him to some degree and give lip service to any serious disciplinary action.

Ahh resorting to personal insults for anyone who disagrees with you. Always nice to see.

Mercedes won’t do anything for fear of being labelled racist. If you don’t want to hear people’s opinions I would probably steer clear of forums as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom