How often do you fall asleep watching TV

Associate
I'm quite bad with it myself, especially after a long day at work. I'll usually stick a TV series or a film on and within no time at all I'll have dozed off. It's not always for long sometimes just 10-20 minutes but I have woken up at 1am before after a 6 hour snooze. I'll sometimes even do it with a brew in my hand

How common is it for you guys.

Soldato
Never. Hate waking up after a nap or on the sofa, if I feel myself drifting off I go to bed. The other half can nap for hours, even then going to bed an hour later. I wake up hating the world.

Soldato
Maybe a few times in the 21 years I've lived out of my parents house (used to most nights when living there as I'd watch laying in bed), if I'm tired I go to bed and sleep comfortably

Associate
Same @tres, cannot nap, to be honest, I find after a nap I feel worse! Unless absolutely shattered, in that case I go to bed.

Whereas there are several people I know; love to nap. I cannot sleep on aircraft nor trains, albeit, the latter only happens when bladdered - try not to now as ended up miles past my home station (Southampton, Portsmouth :o)

A couple of people I know will doze off, wake up at 4-5 in the morning with a stiff neck but will go to bed, I would hate a disturbed sleep like this.

Brother in law will fall asleep with a beer/wine glass in hand and never spills a drop. :eek:

Associate
Almost never, maybe one or two times a year, usually when I've had a big dinner, a bit to drink, and put a film on quite late. I wake up feeling just grim and usually just take myself to bed. Would never intentionally take a nap these days even if shattered. It's power through or go to bed propper.

Caporegime
I love my power naps. Every other evening or so I'll have an impromptu nap for 45 mins-ish...which remarkably coincides with the amount of time my missus will drone on through one of her programs on the box. Maaaarvelous :p

Caporegime
Never.
only fell asleep anywhere other than bed a couple of times ever
This.

On a sofa when I haven't slept the night before and I'm completely cream crackered. But laying down with the intention of sleeping when a bed isn't availble, not while sitting up. Probably two or three times ever.

On the floor of the shower room at work using my coat as a pillow when on night shift when I hadn't slept the night before. Twice ever I think.

Capodecina
Soldato
I'm the same as many others in this thread, I don't like naps, I actually hate them. I wake up feeling terrible.

Can't remember ever falling asleep in front of the the TV but then, I don't have a TV. However, I have, on occasion, drunk too much of an evening only to wake up on the bed with the computer still on, since at some point I've just laid down in the middle of doing something and collapsed. A couple of times this has happened after I've put something in the oven, which has just ended up charring to a cinder over a couple of hours. I'm lucky I haven't burned the house down.

Soldato
Used to do it all the time in the living room or my own room when staying at home...my dad would often tell me he had woken me up and told me to go to bed but I could never remember...quite often he’d say I was just talking rubbish, half asleep

Hardly ever do it now prob because I’m always at the PC rather than sitting on the couch tho

Associate
It's extremely rare for me unless I'm feeling unwell. When I was a child all the time, I miss teleporting, I would sleep on the couch and then wake up in my bed ;)

Back
Top Bottom