• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
5e08ee609850b2de5640792f6d4a0a0403182b7010cde6616cee00917e48d7aa.png

Soldato
Wait, why is it so slim? I was hoping AMD would beat Nvidia in the girth department, maybe aiming for 4 or 5 slot coolers :D

Being serious for a minute though, that is a great looking reference design :p

From the Fortnite pictures on twitter, it looks to be a 2.5 slot card (the shroud is seemingly extending out quite a bit over 2 slots), so hopefully much more heatsink surface area compared to the Radeon VII's design.

Soldato
We will have benchmarks (at least for FE), they release at 2pm on Wednesday.

I’ve gone back and forth on what to do but I’m aiming for a card that will do 4K60 at highest settings which the 3080 seems able to do at a price I’m willing to pay.

If I can get one on Thursday I will, if not and stock remains limited I will wait for the AMD cards and all reviews.

Yup, yet we'll have people clicking the pre-order button at 2:01PM which is not really enough time to form an opinion based off of those benchmarks :D

Me too. I'm after a card which gets as close to 4K 120 as possible (my displays refresh rate).

Soldato
Damn fine looking card there AMD.

And JayZTwoCent's utterly petulant reply made me chuckle, Just further illustrates the utterly retarded and hypocritical foundation to mindshare. Minecraft of all things is a headline RT implementation and RTX tech coming to Fortnight was a big sing song in the Ampere announcement, and these are apparently fine. Yet AMD drops their new RX cooler into Fortnight and it's childish and pathetic because only teenagers play Fortnight.

Jog the **** on...

Soldato
Yeah Im glad you can see some of the absurd choices. My point was not digging people buying high end actually, it was highlighting that AMD are these days stronger at certain price points like the entry (RX 570) and mid range (5*00). This round although nvidia are trying to pretend they are doing you a favour on pricing a) AIB are going to be much more or inferior quality b) by being cheaper this should make AMD even lower too.

Yes, if I was gaming at 1080p or 1440p, its AMD every single day tbh.

Sadly I'm not which is what makes the choice difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom