How often do you fall asleep watching TV

What's up with our new starters lately? They're signing up to a computer forum, to ask the following questions:

Roddy Starr - "I have a heap of expired cheques. How do I cash them in?"
That Jekka Gal - "I'm an ex-CUKer. Any of you OCUKers also a CUKer?"

Both Roddy Starr and That Jekka Gal claim to be girls, but of course we know that there are no girls on the internet. Look up Rules of the Internet, under rule 16. Mrs Seabiscuit / Seakitchen is the only exception, because I know them :p

Now we have Gazflow (also probably claiming to be a girl) asking if we fall asleep in front of the telly.

Anyhoo, welcome to OcUK all of you :D

My answer to Gazflow about the telly is - I've never had one but I have switched to a streaming service for the first time this year (during lockdown) and I haven't fallen asleep in front of that.

Soldato
Now I'm mid 40's I regularly find myself nodding off at like 6-7pm but I know that if I sleep for an hour I'll be awake til 2am+, wrecking the next day, so I slog through yawning my head off yet by 8pm I'm wide awake again til bed at 11pm. When I was still under 40 I never had this random tiredness unless I'd done something very physically strenuous during the day, but literally like a switch was thrown on my 40th b'day, I'm now knackered! :D

Caporegime
Now I'm mid 40's I regularly find myself nodding off at like 6-7pm but I know that if I sleep for an hour I'll be awake til 2am+, wrecking the next day, so I slog through yawning my head off yet by 8pm I'm wide awake again til bed at 11pm. When I was still under 40 I never had this random tiredness unless I'd done something very physically strenuous during the day, but literally like a switch was thrown on my 40th b'day, I'm now knackered! :D

I'm like this and I'm 25 so... :p

Associate
My sofa isnt that big. I wake up with a sore neck. But I do not sleep the best so sometimes fall back asleep after my medication in the morning before lunch for a bit.

I do have a tv in my bedroom but never use it. Now I live in my own I do my tv viewing in the lounge.

Soldato
I can't really nap. Once I'm awake, my brain goes into overdrive and that's it. I can fall asleep in front of the TV on the sofa if it's relatively late at night and I should probably have been in bed in the first place. I can't fall asleep unless I'm laying down and comfortable, though.

Being drunk is a little different. That combined with tiredness often leads to falling asleep on the train. I tend to set an alarm as I can guess when it'll happen.

What's up with our new starters lately? They're signing up to a computer forum, to ask the following questions:

Roddy Starr - "I have a heap of expired cheques. How do I cash them in?"
That Jekka Gal - "I'm an ex-CUKer. Any of you OCUKers also a CUKer?"

Both Roddy Starr and That Jekka Gal claim to be girls, but of course we know that there are no girls on the internet. Look up Rules of the Internet, under rule 16. Mrs Seabiscuit / Seakitchen is the only exception, because I know them :p

Now we have Gazflow (also probably claiming to be a girl) asking if we fall asleep in front of the telly.

Anyhoo, welcome to OcUK all of you :D

My answer to Gazflow about the telly is - I've never had one but I have switched to a streaming service for the first time this year (during lockdown) and I haven't fallen asleep in front of that.

So weird. I was googling some DIY things the other day in private browsing on my phone and OcUK came up every single time as maybe the 3rd or 4th link. I think we've just covered every possible topic here.

We also have mischief (or misschief...one of them is female I'm sure) and freefaller's wife, I think!

Soldato
Never, don't have a TV in the bedroom.

Can occasionally drift off whilst watching something on my phone, but don't recall ever fully drifting off and leaving it on/playing away.

Caporegime
Most nights. Usually put TBBT on to watch in bed and usually end up going to sleep before the second episode finishes at 2.

Never really been a nap person although I've always got by on 5-6 hours of sleep, any more and I weirdly feel tired during the day.

Man of Honour
I never used to but I have started to now. My kids occasionally come downstairs and put dad to bed :D Even the cat woke me up one night because she wanted her evening snack. I've never hear so meow so loudly.

Back
Top Bottom